Engineering Lab Technician Sewing Featured
- Gainesville, Texas
- Job ID
Engineering Lab Technician Sewing job at Zodiac Aerospace in Gainesville TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Zodiac Seats U.S. a segment of Zodiac Aerospace we take pride in hiring top talent while also providing career development opportunities. Zodiac Seats U.S. is one of the worlds top manufacturers of commercial aircraft seats for airlines and major aircraft manufacturers today. Our primary manufacturing facility is located on a half-million-square foot campus in GainesvilleTexas (approximately 60 miles north of Dallas/Fort Worth). Visit www.zodiacaerospace.com at https://performancemanager5.successfactors.eu/www.zodiacaerospace.com to learn more.
Responsible for cut and sew prototype dress covers for aircraft seats. Must be capable of cut and sew fabric leather e-leather/vinyl of various weight and different lamination thicknesses within specified tolerances for cut and sew process .
Duties and Responsibilities (essential functions):
1. Sets up and cuts patterns to close tolerances.
2. Sews fabric leather e-leather/vinyl of various weights and lamination thicknesses operating lock stitch and serger machines.
3. Sets up and adjusts lock stitch and serger machines.
4. Maintains a high quality of workmanship and assumes responsibility for work performed in assigned duties.
5. Performs other duties as required.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements :
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Must be able to read and interpret average blueprints drawings diagrams tolerance information route sheets work orders safety guidelines operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
2. Thorough understanding of shop practices and procedures
3. Ability to sew fabric leather e-leather/vinyl of various weights and lamination thickness.
4. Must be able to add subtract multiply divide in all units of measure using whole numbers fractions and decimals and apply concepts such as fractions percentages ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Employee must be able to obtain and maintain all required certifications and licenses.
3. Must have at least two years commercial sewing experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
It is the policy of Zodiac Aerospace to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race color religion sex pregnancy age national origin disability military or veteran status citizenship status genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal state and local laws. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.
Zodiac Aerospace Company Overview
You experience Zodiac Aerospace each time you step aboard an aircraft. You experience Zodiac Aerospace each time you step aboard an aircraft. We design and manufacture products for your comfort and your safety. Our inventions are everywhere: economy, business and first class seats, food & beverage trolleys, oxygen masks, evacuation slides, inflight entertainment systems, VIP interiors, avionics systems (electrical, fuel etc.) and so much more! By joining us, you become part of a world leader in aviation, and provide the travelers of the world with an award winning and safe environment. At Zodiac Aerospace, you will have the opportunity to contribute your talents within a market leader who is constantly evolving toward operational excellence. Whether you work in Asia, Africa, the Americas or Europe, you will find Zodiac Aerospace embodies respect, humility, realism and an entrepreneurship spirit. These values shapes our culture and guide all our actions and decisions. Are you someone who thrives on pioneering change and making a difference? Then be part of the change and join us. We look forward to welcoming you aboard. Zodiac Aerospace, SHARE THE ADVENTURE & SHAPE THE FUTURE.