Lead Field Service Technician 2nd Shift Charleston Sc Fal Featured
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Job ID
Lead Field Service Technician 2nd Shift Sc Fal job at Zodiac Aerospace in Charleston SC
Description, duties, responsibilities
Position Location: Charleston SC
Serves as a leader of all rework and troubleshooting problems on Zodiac Aerospace seats upon arrival at the Boeing FAL. Rework areas including BFE factory and field areas. Rework accomplished must adhere to Zodiac Seats drawings and specifications using approved methods outlined in the applicable company’s process specifications. Sustains a high quality level of rework at all times while completing all work in a safe and timely manner with airplane delivery schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities (essential functions):
1. Prepare work packages from (OWI / Velocity) on daily bases and assign work to aircraft technicians.
2. Plan and provide job assignments of rework requirements to the crew.
3. Complete and ensure high quality level of rework.
4. Assume all responsibilities for said rework by signing or stamping all paperwork pursuant to the discrepancy and accepted by Boeing QA and customers.
5. Coordinate with manager any technical assistance needed according to workload.
6. Respond promptly to all communication (telephone etc.) with Boeing personnel and customers while maintaining a good rapport.
7. Review and follow up on work issues that come up each day.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements :
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Must prove ability to work well with Boeing personnel and customers on all levels of operations.
2. Must have the ability to work well with Boeing and customer personnel under stressful situations.
3. Must have ability to maintain multiple tasks simultaneously including the ability to manage assignments from more than one customer during any given day.
4. Must have the availability to work various hours after hours and weekends as needed.
5. Knowledge of Zodiac passenger seating preferred.
6. Must be able to work unsupervised as well as with other employees.
7. Must be able to lead and coordinate team meetings such as the 5 minute stand up SQCDP meeting shift handover etc.
8. Must have a good knowledge and practical use of excel email and other Microsoft software.
Education and Experience:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required
2. 2-4 years related experience required of which 1 year in aircraft industry
Acts in accordance with company values and related competencies.
1. Communication Skills:Must have the ability to generate written communication and to operate required office equipment. Ability to read and review written communication. Speech and hearing abilities that allow individual to communicate clearly and distinctly in English.
2. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve problems and think strategically.
This position requires extended periods of sitting while working with computers and viewing computer monitors and other office equipment. Finger dexterity needed in using misc. office equipment such as telephone computer and copy machine etc. Bending stooping reaching and lifting up to approximately twenty pounds are required during tasks related to the job.
International and/or Domestic travel may be required less than 5% of the time.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
It is the policy of Zodiac Aerospace to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race color religion sex pregnancy age national origin disability military or veteran status citizenship status genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal state and local laws. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.
Zodiac Aerospace Company Overview
You experience Zodiac Aerospace each time you step aboard an aircraft. You experience Zodiac Aerospace each time you step aboard an aircraft. We design and manufacture products for your comfort and your safety. Our inventions are everywhere: economy, business and first class seats, food & beverage trolleys, oxygen masks, evacuation slides, inflight entertainment systems, VIP interiors, avionics systems (electrical, fuel etc.) and so much more! By joining us, you become part of a world leader in aviation, and provide the travelers of the world with an award winning and safe environment. At Zodiac Aerospace, you will have the opportunity to contribute your talents within a market leader who is constantly evolving toward operational excellence. Whether you work in Asia, Africa, the Americas or Europe, you will find Zodiac Aerospace embodies respect, humility, realism and an entrepreneurship spirit. These values shapes our culture and guide all our actions and decisions. Are you someone who thrives on pioneering change and making a difference? Then be part of the change and join us. We look forward to welcoming you aboard. Zodiac Aerospace, SHARE THE ADVENTURE & SHAPE THE FUTURE.