Manufacturing Engineer Tech Ii Featured
- Gainesville, Texas
- Job ID
Manufacturing Engineer Tech Ii job at Zodiac Aerospace in Gainesville TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Zodiac Seats U.S. a segment of Zodiac Aerospace we take pride in hiring top talent while also providing career development opportunities. Zodiac Seats U.S. is one of the worlds top manufacturers of commercial aircraft seats for airlines and major aircraft manufacturers today. Our primary manufacturing facility is location on a half-million-square foot campus in GainesvilleTexas (approximately 60 miles north of Dallas/Fort Worth). Visit www.zodiacaerospace.com to learn more.
Support manufacturing assembly and fabrication to assist in troubleshooting both assembly and fabrication problems. This requires close interaction with assembly personnel fabrication personnel and their supervision. Must support all lean manufacturing improvements and may require participation in lean improvement activities.
Duties and Responsibilities (essential functions):
1. Completes minor assignments aimed at determining optimal methods and processes for manufacturing designated company products.
2. Analyzes engineering design documents prototypes and/or engineering change orders and determines if an assembly or fabricated part can be manufactured. Communicates back to engineering and/or R&D to discuss needed changes.
3. Develops new ideas and methods and recommends changes in existing tooling to secure the most economical production.
4. Prepares reports related to assignments.
5. Collaborates with engineering design personnel to influence product design and thus provides for good production methods and economical tooling.
6. Reviews and approves new and revised engineering drawings through the drawing release system.
7. Frequently contacts supervisory and non-supervisory personnel in engineering production planning tool design and other departments for the purpose of discussing production problems in order to secure necessary information or consider factors which may interfere with the effectiveness of production. Takes preventive or corrective action to remedy the problem or refer it to others who may be more directly responsible.
8. Investigates serious or recurrent production difficulties and delays due to such factors as faulty methods tooling operational sequences or inadequate facilities or layouts.
9. Communicates design improvement ideas to engineering.
10. Exercises proven Lean process in assigned areas.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements :
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Requires sufficient training to permit ready comprehension of problems having to do with production methods and facilities.
2. Knowledge and experience in Lean manufacturing preferred but further training will be supplied.
3. PC skills knowledge of Microsoft software preferred but further training will be supplied.
Education and Experience:
1. Associates degree in a related technical field or related equivalent experience (3 years) required.
2. Three to six years of manufacturing experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
It is the policy of Zodiac Aerospace to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race color religion sex pregnancy age national origin disability military or veteran status citizenship status genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal state and local laws. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.
Zodiac Aerospace Company Overview
You experience Zodiac Aerospace each time you step aboard an aircraft. You experience Zodiac Aerospace each time you step aboard an aircraft. We design and manufacture products for your comfort and your safety. Our inventions are everywhere: economy, business and first class seats, food & beverage trolleys, oxygen masks, evacuation slides, inflight entertainment systems, VIP interiors, avionics systems (electrical, fuel etc.) and so much more! By joining us, you become part of a world leader in aviation, and provide the travelers of the world with an award winning and safe environment. At Zodiac Aerospace, you will have the opportunity to contribute your talents within a market leader who is constantly evolving toward operational excellence. Whether you work in Asia, Africa, the Americas or Europe, you will find Zodiac Aerospace embodies respect, humility, realism and an entrepreneurship spirit. These values shapes our culture and guide all our actions and decisions. Are you someone who thrives on pioneering change and making a difference? Then be part of the change and join us. We look forward to welcoming you aboard. Zodiac Aerospace, SHARE THE ADVENTURE & SHAPE THE FUTURE.