Senior Accountant Featured
- Brisbane, California
- Job ID
Senior Accountant job at XOJET in Brisbane CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
XOJET offers a uniquely professional and supportive environment that will build your knowledge of accounting and financial analysis while offering you the chance for high visibility with the senior leadership of the company. This role provides you a unique chance to combine traditional GAAP accounting operational accounting sophisticated data analysis and high visibility with the senior management of the company! Join our team bring your best thoughts and ideas learn from others and grow your career with XOJET Accounting.
- Responsible for general ledger accounting in compliance with US GAAP internal controls and company policies.
- Utilize SAP and our data warehouse to run reports data extracts and prepare adhoc analysis
- Work with a variety of operational data sources including Salesforce our Flight Operating System (FOS) and our aircraft maintenance system (CAMP).
- Prepare and review standard and adhoc journal entries
- Prepare and review balance sheet account reconciliations that are accurate timely thoroughly documented and of high quality.
- Review new customer and vendor contacts to identify potential accounting issues.
- Prepare audit schedules and assist auditors with questions and issues as needed.
- Prepare and maintain process documentation.
- Prepare analysis of cost drivers and trends identify and research budget versus actual variances. Summarize and present findings to FP&A and Operational Leadership along with any process changes needed to advance our understanding and analysis capability going forward.
- Assist the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Represent accounting with cross-functional senior leadership. Schedule and conduct meetings present financial statements and supporting analysis.
- Write accounting policies and memos assist creation of accounting position papers.
- Conduct GAAP research as needed.
- Friendly and positive team player. Celebrates and shares team successes humble when mistakes occur and thoughtful regarding ways to prevent recurrence going forward. Respectful of others and considerate of other points of view. Willing to cover for a teammate during an urgent and unexpected absence while knowing they will do the same for you if the need arises.
- Structured and organized with high attention to detail. Files are well organized can find information when needed. Accepts ownership and responsibility for assigned tasks. Takes pride in completing work accurately completely and on time. Escalates issues and problems as they occur. Checklist-oriented and is able to juggle priorities when needed.
- Displays a continuous improvement mindset is curious regarding why things are as they are and thoughtful regarding ways to improve systems processes and policies.
- Clear and articulate in verbal and written communications with colleagues cross-functional managers and executive management.
- Solid analytical skills. In-depth experience in the use of Microsoft Excel and ideally has familiarity in working with enterprise databases. Displays an aptitude and passion for data and is willing to learn alongside the team in taking these skills to an advanced level. Able to analyze high data volumes perceive relationships in the data and can zero in on issues and problems.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting Finance or related field
- CPA CA or similar certification
- Four years of total professional accounting experience including minimum two years of audit experience with a Big-4 or national accounting firm
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of US GAAP
- Ability to conduct GAAP research
- A passion for data analysis with a willingness to learn and grow this capability.
- Experienced in the use of SAP or similar Tier-1 ERP system such as Oracle or Netsuite.
- 2+ years of operational accounting experience in addition to audit experience is helpful
- Exposure to consolidation processes is helpful
- Exposure to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) a plus
- Department: Finance
- Location: Brisbane CA
- Reports to: Vice President Controller
- FLSA Classification: Exempt
XOJET Company Overview
XOJET is one of the largest private aviation companies in North America. We own and operate the largest on-demand fleet of super-midsize private jets in the U.S. supplemented by a Preferred Partner Network of over 1450+ aircraft – all of which are maintained to exceed the highest level of safety standards in the industry. XOJET was the first private aviation company to enable its entire fleet with complimentary Wi-Fi and has earned the industrys highest safety ratings including ARGUS Platinum Wyvern Wingman and ISBAO Stage III. We employ 400+ employees across the country and have offices in San Francisco Sacramento New York Los Angeles and Palm Beach. Our clients include a wide range of businesses and individuals across a spectrum of industries including finance private equity technology media and entertainment.