7382 Key Account Manager Aerospace Defense Featured
- Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Job ID
7382 Key Account Manager Aerospace Defense job at Wind River in Fayetteville AR
Description, duties, responsibilities
Key Account Manager - Aerospace and Defense
Sales Washington District Of Columbia Maryland
Position at Wind River
US Citizens Only
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety security performance and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Wind Rivers impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications including 5G; Industrial (automation sustainable energy robotics mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and Aerospace and Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security cloud and edge computing as well as 8 consecutive years as a "Top Workplace." If youre passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring respectful culture that is based on growth mindset diversity inclusion and customer focused come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River is seeking a driven self-motivated individual with a proven history of sales success to proactively create demand for Wind River solutions. This individual will be enabling continued customer success in an already established customer base of Key Accounts in the Aerospace and Defense marketplace.
Interface and Collaboration
- Work as a member of a team that consists of: Sales Director other Account Managers Field Applications Engineer Product Specialists Inside Sales Representatives and Solution Architects
- Work with Field Engineers vertical market representatives and various WR resources to demonstrate how Wind River solutions will address the needs of the customer
- Engage with the senior level decision makers and become a trusted advisor to named accounts by establishing and developing business relationships based on a commitment to quality of Wind River solutions
- Meet with and listen to the needs of prospective customers to understand their current and future technical requirement
- Build manage and execute on the sales strategy for key A&D accounts.
- Coordinate demonstrations seminars etc. to present the value proposition of using Wind River solutions to the customer
- Prepare written proposals articulating our solutions. Close business on a quarterly basis that reflects at least 100% of the assigned quarterly goal
- Direct the effort of the Customer Support Organization to work with the customer after the sale to make sure that they are using our products to the maximum benefit
- Provide accurate information regarding customer product feedback to Wind River Marketing and Engineering
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of our competitor products
- Convey an image of Wind River as a customer centric total solutions company
Core Competencies and Demonstrated Success
- Demonstrated success using a consultative solutions-oriented sales approach
- Track record of success achieving or exceeding assigned quota
- Demonstrated success establishing and cultivating business relationships with C level executives and senior level decision makers in the A&D market
- BSEE or BSCE preferred but not required MBA
- Approximately 10 years technology sales experience in the software arena selling into the Aerospace and Defense marketplace including the Navy
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race color religion gender national origin age disability veteran status marital status pregnancy gender expression or identity sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Diversity is foundational for Wind Rivers business success. We want to be a workplace of choice for all people and we value the unique perspectives offered by a diverse workforce. Wind River does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity or expression national origin citizenship disability protected veteran status age ancestry medical condition genetic information marital status pregnancy or any other legally protected status. This principle applies to all areas of employment: recruitment and hiring training performance evaluations promotions and transfers compensation and benefits and social and recreational programs.
Wind River desires to be an employer of choice with an inclusive environment for all individuals. As part of this goal and in compliance with various laws and regulations Wind River provides reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees. Requests for reasonable accommodation for applicants and employees are examined on a case-by-case basis. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application interviewing hiring or at any other time during the employment process. You can email us at: [email protected] . Please do not include personal medical information in the email.
More information about federal laws that prohibit job discrimination can be found at:
Wind River Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.