7300 Field Application Engineer system Architect Aerospace Defense Hot
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Job ID
7300 Field Application Engineer system Architect Aerospace Defense job at Wind River in Madison WI
Description, duties, responsibilities
Field Application Engineer/System Architect - Aerospace and Defense
Sales Dallas Texas Colorado
Position at Wind River
FIELD APPLICATIONS ENGINEER / SYSTEMS ARCHITECT
Locations: Dallas TX or Denver CO
US CITIZENS ONLY
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in a world with the most exacting standards for safety security performance and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind Rivers impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications including 5G; Industrial (automation sustainable energy robotics mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and Aerospace and Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security cloud and edge computing as well as 8 consecutive years as a "Top Workplace." If youre passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring respectful culture that is based on growth mindset diversity inclusion and customer focused come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Interface and Collaboration
Working with the leading provider of integrated embedded software solutions you will work with the some of the most talented engineers in the Aerospace and Defense industry to draft technical solutions to challenging problems.
As our customers look to gain a competitive advantage in this digital first world they are looking to companies like Wind River to partner with in their journey. Wind River is answering this call through our delivery of the worlds first Cloud Native Environment that enables developers of intelligent edge devices to transform and optimize their device life cycle from Development to Deployment to Operations and Servicing.
Your opportunity is to join as a key member or highly talented and highly motivated field engineering team. You will be responsible for understanding our customers business and technical needs and to work with them in the capacity of technical evangelist and trusted advisor in crafting the next generation Intelligent systems.
- As an experienced system architect in a customer facing role you will be guiding your customer through their Digital Transformation journey. Responsibilities include understanding their technical needs architecting technical solutions and demonstrating them through product presentations proof of concepts and evaluations.
- You will engage with customers in a consultative and business led approach striving to help them maximize their business transformation goals through aligning with Wind Rivers Intelligent systems.
- You will focus on crafting ideal technical solutions and business strategy that is win-win for customers and Wind River.
Core Competencies and Demonstrated Success
- This position requires experience with Cloud Native technologies including Kubernetes containers microservices etc. and a good understanding of AWS and Azure cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with DevSecOps development methodologies including deep understanding of tools like Gitlab Jenkins Docker etc..
- Strong C/C++ development debugging and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills exhibited through technical presentations white boarding qualification.
- Embedded software development and system architecture experience (e.g. RTOS Linux etc.) is a plus.
- Familiarity with safety standards networking fundamentals and cyber security standards is a plus.
- Familiarity with other languages such as Ada/Java/Python/Rust/Perl is a plus.
Some amount of travel will be required
- BSCS or BSEE is required
- 5+ years of embedded software development or solutions architecting
- Security clearance or the ability to obtain a security clearance
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race color religion gender national origin age disability veteran status marital status pregnancy gender expression or identity sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Diversity is foundational for Wind Rivers business success. We want to be a workplace of choice for all people and we value the unique perspectives offered by a diverse workforce. Wind River does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity or expression national origin citizenship disability protected veteran status age ancestry medical condition genetic information marital status pregnancy or any other legally protected status. This principle applies to all areas of employment: recruitment and hiring training performance evaluations promotions and transfers compensation and benefits and social and recreational programs.
Wind River desires to be an employer of choice with an inclusive environment for all individuals. As part of this goal and in compliance with various laws and regulations Wind River provides reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees. Requests for reasonable accommodation for applicants and employees are examined on a case-by-case basis. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application interviewing hiring or at any other time during the employment process. You can email us at: [emailprotected] . Please do not include personal medical information in the email.
More information about federal laws that prohibit job discrimination can be found at:
Wind River Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.