Technical Buyer II PMA WPTC
- Peachtree City, Georgia
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Technical Buyer II PMA WPTC job at Wencor Group LLC in Peachtree City GA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Overview of the Position:
Oversee the ordering, expediting, and canceling of parts to control inventory levels while maximizing turns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to Create and Maintain Strategic Relationships in line with Wencor Culture and Values.
- Communicate Requirements of both internal and external Customers.
- Review Bid Packages to determine the necessary course of action, including: Sourcing, Purchasing, Expediting, De-Expediting, and cancellation of material requirements.
- Prepare Request for Quote, Purchase Order, and Change Request Notices
- Analyze and Negotiate price and delivery with suppliers as needed.
- Procure parts manufactured to Wencor drawings in a timely manner at an acceptable cost and safety stock levels according to forecast or requirement
- Coordinate with Engineering, Product Line Management, Assembly, and Quality during life cycle of engineered, Sub-Contracted, or PMA product.
- Ability to manage a competitive bidding or sourcing project.
- Coordinate with internal assembly shop.
- Monitor inventory levels to maximize turns without jeopardizing fill rates.
- Work with Product Development and Engineering to identify sources and provide samples.
- Coordinates with internal departments as well as suppliers on new PMA opportunities.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- CPM or CPSM certification is preferred.
- Ability to read, interpret, and discuss details about engineering drawings is preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes is required (turning, milling, grinding, stamping, molding, casting, hydro-forming, etc).
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s of Science degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, or related degree with 5 or more years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, holding cost, margins, percentages, economic order quantities, etc. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear.
- Is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Has clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Works in a moderate noise level.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
PMA Quality Inspector Peachtree City GA
Shop Technicians I & II Temecula CA
Product Development Analyst Provo UT
Aircraft Technician Accessory Technologies Corp Edgewood NY
Soundair Technician Snohomish WA
Quality Control Inspector ASC Arlington TX
Wencor Group LLC Company Overview
Wencor is a leading provider of differentiated and IP-driven aftermarket solutions for the aerospace industry. The Company, founded in 1955, offers innovative solutions for airlines to maintain and upgrade their fleet, including Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA), consumables and expendables distribution, component repair, and used serviceable material parts. Through this comprehensive set of aftermarket solutions, proprietary PMAs and Design Engineering Representative (DER) Repairs, Wencor provides its customers numerous ways to reduce maintenance costs and improve aircraft reliability. Wencor serves the commercial aftermarket and defense sectors, and thus its customer demand is tied to the installed base of aircraft and has a stable financial profile as a result. Wencor is headquartered in the Atlanta, Georgia area with additional offices in Utah, Florida, Washington, Texas, California, Alabama, New York, Amsterdam, Singapore, Shanghai, and Istanbul. Wencor is owned by management and Private Equity, which, collectively, encourages growth through organic investments in people, product, and technology, as well as through tuck-in acquisitions.
- Job Feed
- News Feed