Product Development Analyst
- Provo, Utah
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Product Development Analyst job at Wencor Group LLC in Provo UT
Description, duties, responsibilities
Overview of the Position:
The Product Development Analyst assists in identifying and validating new products to bring to market to support sales, engineering, and end-user customers. The PD Analyst works with internal stakeholders to coordinate the development process from conception to development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes and extracts aircraft part data from technical aerospace documents to support engineering efforts.
- Organizes and maintains databases to support and track the information required for Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA).
- Identifies PMA projects and develops the business case for internal project approval.
- Requests data and information from required customers and Sales Representatives, both internal and external.
- Supports and monitors product development process through the internal Engineering group.
- Promotes the Company’s PMA products and abilities with designated customer, Engineering, Purchasing, and Maintenance groups to develop new product opportunities.
- Applies process improvement principles and uses lean principles to eliminate waste.
- Supports group goals and objectives through teamwork and cooperation.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience and understanding of aircraft parts and assemblies
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel and Access
- Proficiency for learning general office software and mainframe systems
- Possess business acumen
Education / Experience Requirements:
BS degree in Business, Engineering, or a related field. Minimum 3 of year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; Aerospace experience strongly preferred.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.[HK1]
- Is frequently required to talk or listen.
- Is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 10 pounds.
- Works in moderate noise levels.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
PMA Quality Inspector Peachtree City GA
Aircraft Technician Accessory Technologies Corp Edgewood NY
Technical Buyer II PMA WPTC Peachtree City GA
Soundair Technician Snohomish WA
Shop Technicians I & II Temecula CA
Quality Control Inspector ASC Arlington TX
Wencor Group LLC Company Overview
Wencor is a leading provider of differentiated and IP-driven aftermarket solutions for the aerospace industry. The Company, founded in 1955, offers innovative solutions for airlines to maintain and upgrade their fleet, including Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA), consumables and expendables distribution, component repair, and used serviceable material parts. Through this comprehensive set of aftermarket solutions, proprietary PMAs and Design Engineering Representative (DER) Repairs, Wencor provides its customers numerous ways to reduce maintenance costs and improve aircraft reliability. Wencor serves the commercial aftermarket and defense sectors, and thus its customer demand is tied to the installed base of aircraft and has a stable financial profile as a result. Wencor is headquartered in the Atlanta, Georgia area with additional offices in Utah, Florida, Washington, Texas, California, Alabama, New York, Amsterdam, Singapore, Shanghai, and Istanbul. Wencor is owned by management and Private Equity, which, collectively, encourages growth through organic investments in people, product, and technology, as well as through tuck-in acquisitions.
- Job Feed
- News Feed