Senior Product Technician
- Daytona Beach, Florida
- Annual Salary $65,000.00 - $75,000.00
- Job ID
Senior Product Technician job at VerdeGo Aero in Daytona Beach FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position. Send Applications to:
Senior Product Technician
VerdeGo Aero Inc., Daytona Beach, Florida, United States (On-site)
ABOUT VERDEGO AERO, INC.
VerdeGo Aero is an aircraft propulsion technology company committed to powering the highest performance electric aircraft of all sizes. The VerdeGo team is passionate about enabling hybrid-electric powerplants to create a next generation of aircraft. This is the 3rd major revolution of aircraft propulsion in the 120-year history of powered flight, disrupting the industry in ways not seen since the advent of the jet engine 75 years ago. Aircraft and missions that were previously only seen in science fiction - like flying taxis and airliners that take off vertically - are becoming a reality through environmentally friendly high performance hybrid systems.
VerdeGo Aero’s headquarters is at the “World’s Most Famous Beach”, in warm and relaxed Daytona Beach, Florida, home of the Daytona 500 NASCAR race, bike weeks, jeep week and the collegial environment of the largest university focusing on aviation and aerospace, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
Senior Product Technician
The Senior Product Technician will have a combination of strong mechanical and electrical service skills plus fabrication and product development capabilities. As we design, prototype, assemble, test, and troubleshoot our various hybrid-electric powerplants, battery packs, and other products we need a strong and knowledgeable technician to provide a broad range of support.
Important capabilities or experience include aviation maintenance practices and familiarity with aircraft quality standards such as AC 43-13. But this role will go far beyond simple parts changes. The Technician will have proficiency in light fabrication such as shear, brake, drill press, riveting and other Sheetmetal skills. Experience with MIG and/or TIG welding. The technician will also be comfortable creating plumbing for aircraft systems (oil, water, fuel) with lightweight hoses and fittings, properly assembled and perfect. Experience with high-quality wiring execution such as crimping and assembling Mil-Spec or similar connectors, depinning, wire routing and support, and electrical system troubleshooting. Experience working with engineers, interpreting drawings, and adding input from experience on how to make parts that are easy to install, align, and maintain. This technician role is also likely to involve incoming part inspection so proper use of calipers, bore gauges, micrometers, height gage, surface plate, V-blocks, dial indicators and other similar inspection equipment is valuable.
- Welding and Capable of being aware of working around High Voltage Equipment
- Be able to work in a Hangar Environment, and variable hot and cold environments
- Apply an intermediate or advanced level of knowledge and skills in hardware assembly and manufacturing operations with working knowledge of common mechanical and electrical components
- Read, interpret, and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products
- Perform mechanical assembly operations including welding, riveting, torquing, drilling, machining, sheet metal fabrication and basic composite manufacturing while interfacing with personnel from different disciplines.
- Mechanical operations to include use of hand tools, power tools, and assembly tools (i.e., torque wrenches, drills, rivet tools, band saw, sheet metal shear, brake, drill press).
- Electrical operations include assembly of subcomponents into the airframe, basic harness fabrication, and functional testing of assembled components while interfacing with personnel from different disciplines.
- Electrical operations to include use of hand tools, crimpers, and basic electrical measuring equipment such as multimeters.
- Optional: Basic composite manufacturing operations to include mold shaping, wet layup, trimming, sanding, bonding and assembly.
- Required to apply solid computer skills to access and input data via computer interface (standard browser, word processing and spreadsheet applications)
- Required to work effectively in a team environment.
- Travel to, and support, complex field operations for flight hardware installation and maintenance.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Embrace and maintain a safety culture in all work performed.
- Perform other similar and related duties as necessary.
- Work is performed in an industrial environment, production floor or lab environment.
- Travel and local commute may be required.
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience. A&P License preferred.
- Able to read engineering drawings, wiring diagram and follow assembly instructions
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude, along with good dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Experience with mechanical/structural and electronic system assembly integration and testing
- Experience with common airframe construction techniques such as rivets, mechanical fasteners, welding, etc.
- Piece part fabrication experience including sheet metal (shears, brakes, riveters etc.) and welding
- Experience with layup, trimming, bonding, and finishing composite components.
- Must be a self-starter, ambitious and a conscientious individual.
- Inventory management & material flow planning experience
WE ARE REDEFINING HYBRID ELECTRIC PROPULSION
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- This position will be included in the VerdeGo Stock Options Program
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- And more!
Nothing matters more to VerdeGo Aero than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
To conform with International Traffic in Arms Regulars (ITAR), you must be a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or actively working towards obtaining the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s powering the electric flight revolution!
VerdeGo Aero, Inc. is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
VerdeGo Aero Company Overview
VerdeGo Aero is creating power and propulsion technologies that enable our customers to develop high-performance, reliable, electric aircraft. Our hybrid-electric powerplants solve the critical performance challenges making the electrification of flight practical, useful, and scalable. Electrification brings huge opportunities, but the electric-flight industry is struggling with inadequate energy sources packaged to deliver the most compelling missions with full regulatory compliance. Conventional wisdom is that electrification and sustainable fuels are competing visions for the future, but VerdeGo Aero recognizes that combined, these two advances can deliver greater impact, faster progress, and higher performance. Three visionaries with experience in hybrid-electric and battery-electric aircraft came together with the idea to accelerate the electrification of flight by combining the best of conventional propulsion technologies with the best of next-generation electric flight. In 2017, they founded VerdeGo Aero, recognizing the need to develop novel hybrid powerplants that enable high-performance electric flight using the new capabilities of electric motors, in concert with hybrid powerplants that use liquid fuels. VerdeGo began developing both powertrain technologies and proprietary modeling tools to understand the unique design space created by electrification. New missions and new aircraft architectures were being developed but the inevitable constraints imposed by battery technology and/or infrastructure presented huge hurdles. Overcoming these obstacles involved assembling a team of engineers who were tasked with creating something entirely new – a novel concept without a history to build upon. This world-class engineering team is led by the visionaries who have been at the forefront of developing electric flight for more than 10 years. Bringing together electric motors for propulsion and liquid fuels for energy storage, our high-performance hybrid powerplants provide our customers with a means to deliver success without a need for revolutions in battery technology and billions of dollars of new infrastructure. Hybrid propulsion offers the best path forward now, and when combined with sustainable fuels it provides the most efficient long-term opportunity to get the benefits of electric motors into large-scale usage without being held back by aspects of electrification that are impractical. VerdeGo Aero delivers fully integrated hybrid powerplants that include the engine, generator, power electronics, control systems, and thermal management. Liquid fuels go in and reliable propulsive electric power is delivered. Our systems offer low direct operating costs with performance levels that meet the customers’ needs.