Aircraft Spar Assembler Sheet Metal Worker
- Aurora, Oregon
- Hourly $19.00 - $23.00
- Job ID
Aircraft Spar Assembler Sheet Metal Worker job at Vans Aircraft in Aurora OR
Description, duties, responsibilities
REPORTS TO: Director of Production
DEPARTMENT NAME: Production
The Spar Assembler makes various parts using different machines and fixtures. Assembles aircraft wing spars and center sections per blueprint specifications. Performs quality control inspections of incoming parts from vendors. Assembles spars after parts have been machined, dimpled, deburred, countersunk, and anodized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
80% - Parts Assembly
- Riveting aluminum parts together using rivet press machine
10% - Make various parts using different machines and fixtures
- Machine, dimple, deburr, countersink different pieces
- Review blueprints and specifications
- Perform work using various machines
5% Quality Control
- Ensure parts meet specifications and quality standards
5% Other Duties
- Design/repair fixtures
Tools used: Commercial rivet squeezer, channel check program, digital calipers, hand drill, drill press, milling machine, forklift, measuring tools, personal protective gear, and mill.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties as assigned
- Helping in other work areas as needed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
- At least 1 year of previous relevant experience (manufacturing, mechanical assembly, etc.)
- Forklift certified (or we can train)
- Ability to read and understand technical part drawings (measurements, instructions, etc.)
- Ability to make decisions independently and multitask
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organization and planning skills
- Good communication skills
- Essential computer skills
Regular, reliable daily attendance is of primary importance for every position at Van’s Aircraft to ensure the consistent operation of the business. All employees are expected to comply with company attendance standards.
No phone calls, please. Please submit your cover letter and resume, and reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Vans Aircraft Company Overview
Van's Aircraft is the world-leading manufacturer of kit aircraft. Built on a proud heritage, the company is the market leader in the experimental-kit aircraft market, producing more kits than any other company in the world since 1973. As we enter 2021, Van's is experiencing record sales and growth and so we're expanding and enhancing our team. By the end of 2020, nearly 11,000 RV kits had been completed and flown, and thousands more are currently under construction. Completion rates currently average about 1.5 per day. RVs are flying in more than 45 different countries and kits have shipped to more than sixty. From their humble beginnings on a small farm in Oregon in the early '70s, these wonderful airplanes have achieved a global following. And their popularity is not the result of any superior marketing campaign. Rather, they are popular because they fly so well and bring so much pleasure to their builders, who can’t help but tell their friends (and take them for a ride, of course). After nearly 50 years Van’s Aircraft is solvent, strong, and alive with new ideas. The future presents plenty of opportunities and challenges, and we intend to meet them the way Dick VanGrunsven did when he first built the company: with honesty, practicality, diligence, and imagination. Join us in that mission!