CNC Programmer Operator Urgent
- Aurora, Oregon
- Hourly $26.00 - $31.00
- Job ID
CNC Programmer Operator job at Vans Aircraft in Aurora OR
Description, duties, responsibilities
Van’s Aircraft strives to continually increase and improve our in-house manufacturing capabilities. With the recent introduction of a CNC machining center, we seek skilled and motivated individuals to join our growing team. We are currently looking for an experienced CNC Programmer/Operator and to join our team on the day or swing shift.
- Generating new 3D models from blueprints or physical parts and editing existing models
- CNC machine programming using CAM software and manual authoring of G Code
- CNC machine operation, including loading and unloading of parts and tools, setting up and indicating fixtures, recognizing and remedying nonstandard machine sounds, operations, and broken tools
- Design, production, and use of custom work holding fixtures
- Evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of manufacturing processes as well as developing methods for improvement
- Machine/job-shop production experience and/or collegiate CAM curriculum
- 3D modeling in Solidworks and/or Fusion 360
- Generating toolpaths for CNC mills using CAM software such as Fusion 360, MasterCam, GibbsCam, Solidworks CAM etc.
- Understanding of G/M codes and how the machine interprets commands
- Ability to read blueprints and understanding of basic GD&T
- Operation of Haas CNC mill and lathe (4th and 5th axis experience a plus)
- Fixture design for parts with unusual geometry, and/or to reduce setups required
- General familiarity with manufacturing processes
- Independent problem-solving skills
- Experience with automated production systems a plus
Pay commensurate with experience.
No phone calls, please. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Vans Aircraft Company Overview
Van's Aircraft is the world-leading manufacturer of kit aircraft. Built on a proud heritage, the company is the market leader in the experimental-kit aircraft market, producing more kits than any other company in the world since 1973. As we enter 2021, Van's is experiencing record sales and growth and so we're expanding and enhancing our team. By the end of 2020, nearly 11,000 RV kits had been completed and flown, and thousands more are currently under construction. Completion rates currently average about 1.5 per day. RVs are flying in more than 45 different countries and kits have shipped to more than sixty. From their humble beginnings on a small farm in Oregon in the early '70s, these wonderful airplanes have achieved a global following. And their popularity is not the result of any superior marketing campaign. Rather, they are popular because they fly so well and bring so much pleasure to their builders, who can’t help but tell their friends (and take them for a ride, of course). After nearly 50 years Van’s Aircraft is solvent, strong, and alive with new ideas. The future presents plenty of opportunities and challenges, and we intend to meet them the way Dick VanGrunsven did when he first built the company: with honesty, practicality, diligence, and imagination. Join us in that mission!