- Union, West Virginia
- Job ID
Technician job at United Technologies in Union WV
Description, duties, responsibilities
Country:United States of America
Location:HWV02: S&IS (Deicing) - Union 225 Stringtown Road Union WV 24983 USA
The manufacturing engineer technician will work with the manufacturing engineering design quality and materials teams to review and implement new product design release of product through manufacturing and including completion of first article inspection. The individual will assist with material related items and training of employees.
- Support manufacturing activities through the resolution of production problems material problems training.
- Actively participate in material review activities including troubleshooting of non-conformances.
- Provide skill specific training to improve technique and/or understanding of process and material testing.
- Provide accurate recording of process / equipment troubleshooting process changes product development set-ups test data scrap and returned goods data. This requires data interpretation.
- Evaluate Material Lab Samples and assists with material acceptability determinations for product construction.
- Perform technical tasks based on written or verbal instructions. Utilize technical assets.
- Ensure compliance with all design engineering drawings and specifications through the creation of manufacturing bill of materials product process routings and other manufacturing documentation.
- Develop written manufacturing instructions and other manufacturing tooling as needed to support production.
- Participate on and/or lead project teams.
- Work directly with the manufacturing engineer and design group to identify and implement process or design changes.
- Apply technical expertise in the evaluation development maintenance and use of complex products tests or procedures under constantly changing conditions where moderate ingenuity and judgments are required.
Basic Qualifications :
- HS Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- OR In the absence of a HS diploma GED or AA/AS degree 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position.
- 2 years production assembly and quality experience
- Material testing and lab experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal interpersonal and written communication skills.
- SAP experiences a plus.
- PC skills including proficiency in MS Office (Excel Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience with elastomeric and composite materials a plus.
Collins Aerospace a Raytheon Technologies company is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace our Interiors team is focused on innovation safety and cost efficiency. But we dont just get people from point A to point B. Were committed to making air travel more comfortable connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services were helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe were changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
Collins Aerospace Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success . We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce workplace and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical dental and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance Home and Auto additional life insurance accident insurance critical illness insurance group legal
- Ovia Health fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such all U.S. positions require a background check which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability or veteran status age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.