- Belleville, Michigan
- Hourly $25.50 - $35.00
- Job ID
Line Mechanic job at USA JET Airlines in Belleville MI
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Overhaul, maintenance and repair of airframe components, powerplant, aircraft communication equipment, and associated components in accordance with USA Jet manuals, Manufacturer's manuals, Bulletins, and Orders
- Mechanics/Repairmen will be required to sign for work accomplished
- The Mechanic, in performing his duties, is required to be constantly alert for defective, worn, or failed parts as well as safe working conditions
- The Mechanic may be assigned to such housekeeping duties as policing his work area or repair and maintenance of Company property
- Responsible to actively participate in USA Jet Safety Programs and SMS
- Required to report all safety concerns in a timely manner
- Required to ensure that they and their co-workers are performing their functions in the safest possible manner
- Required to follow the standards of the Occupational Safety and Health organization with legal authority at the location at which they are working
- Perform all tasks as assigned by their Lead or Manager
Education and/or Experience Required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must possess a current airframe and powerplant certificate
- Minimum one (1) year aviation experience & Boeing 727 Experience preferred
- Consideration given to candidates with Sheet Metal mechanic experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
- A&P Mechanics may be required to have certain valid ratings depending on the type of work they are to perform. Before performing any duties for USA Jet, the mechanic will be properly qualified and authorized
- Knowledge of all applicable regulatory requirements
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Must be able to remain calm during adverse conditions
- Must be able to think and react quickly with a sense of urgency to time-sensitive problem situations
- Detailed organizational skills
- Experience in Microsoft Windows, Word, Outlook and Excel preferred
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to:
- reach/handle items
- work with their hands and tools
- lift and/or move items 10-50 pounds
- talk and hear others in conversations via the phone or in person
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to:
- lift and/or move items up 50-100 pounds.
- Vision abilities required:
- Close vision
- Distance vision
- Color vision
- The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
- The noise level is usually moderate. Noise level can increase to loud when aircraft is taxiing in the area.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
USA JET Airlines Company Overview
With access to more aircraft and surface transportation vehicles than any competitor, we offer the industrys most cost-effective expedited freight solutions. Unlike competitors who fill their own vehicles first, we search the entire market for the best available expedited solution for every shipment. Then we back our service with advanced technology and the 3PL industrys most experienced transportation professionals. The result? Unparalleled peace of mind for your expedited shipments.