AP Mechanic Sheet Metal and Composite
- Belleville, Michigan
- Annual Salary $60,000.00 - $150,000.00
- Job ID
AP Mechanic Sheet Metal and Composite job at USA JET Airlines in Belleville MI
Description, duties, responsibilities
Logistics Solutions at Jet Speed
Since 1994, USA Jet Airlines has provided premium, on-demand air cargo transportation services to the North American manufacturing industry. Servicing as an integral part of the Ascent Global Logistics Network, USA Jet routinely provides the time-critical airlift necessary to reinforce the supply chains of customers such as Ford, General Motors and Tesla. With decades of diverse experience in domestic and international cargo transportation, USA Jet is a proven leader in the air cargo industry.
Our Purpose We elevate the world of logistics through passion and innovation.
Our Mission We want to do more things and provide more solutions for more customers in more places around the globe with lower operating risk and flawless execution.
What You’ll Do
A&P Mechanic – Sheet Metal reports directly to Maintenance Supervisor while at the USA Jet Main Maintenance Base. At an outstation, A&P Mechanic – Sheet Metal reports to Maintenance Control.
• Overhaul, maintain and repair airframe components, powerplant, aircraft communication equipment, and associated components in accordance with USA Jet manuals, Manufacturer's manuals, Bulletins, and Orders.
• Required to sign for work accomplished.
• In performing your duties, are required to be constantly alert for defective, worn, or failed parts as well as safe working conditions.
• May be assigned to such housekeeping duties as policing your work area or repair and maintenance of Company property.
• Responsible to actively participate in USA Jet Safety Programs and SMS.
• Required to report all safety concerns in a timely manner.
• Required to ensure that you and your co-workers are performing all functions in the safest possible manner.
• Required to follow the standards of the Occupational Safety and Health organization with legal authority at the location at which they are working.
• Perform all tasks as assigned by your Lead or Supervisor.
• Is responsible for the Sheet Metal Shop to ascertain that the Sheet Metal Shop practices and procedures are in accordance with sound safety conditions, and that the work meets USA Jet Airlines and FAA requirements.
• Provides leadership, overall administration and general direction to the employees/contractors reporting to him/her. Ensures that the activities are properly coordinated, timely decisions are made within the scope of his/her authority.
• Is responsible for reviewing routine and non-routine items to determine that such work will be accomplished, deferred and/or carried over. The decision to defer, or carry over, will be coordinated with the Director of Maintenance and/or the Director of Quality Assurance.
• Enforce safety programs, shop practices/procedures and housekeeping of the shop, facilities and equipment.
• Maintain viable rapport with all departments within the maintenance organization when required to support the shop and aircraft maintenance activities.
• Provide necessary in-house shop parts, materials and equipment, to support required aircraft maintenance activities.
• Responsible for effective utilization of all employees/contractors, their quality and quantity of work accomplished under his/her supervision.
• Coordinate with the USA Jet Airlines Director of Quality Assurance to ensure that proper inspection requirements are met, and that all required records, reports and forms are completed in accordance with the USA Jet Airlines General Maintenance Required to report all safety concerns in a timely manner.
• Ascertain that all necessary maintenance entries on maintenance forms used by USA Jet Airlines are properly executed by the responsible mechanic/repairman/contractor
• Coordinate with the USA Jet Airlines Quality Control Assurance to ensure that all technical data for all units overhauled, repaired or altered by the Sheet Metal Shop are kept current. This includes the pertinent manuals, Service Bulletins, Manufacturers' Overhaul Manuals, related FAA approved data and other technical data used by the Sheet Metal Shop.
• Coordinate with the USA Jet Airlines Quality Control Department to ensure that periodic inspections are made on all inspection tools and the calibration of precision equipment used by the Sheet Metal Shop.
• Ensure that shift turnover log sheets are completed for all projects that are to remain in-work through to another shift, in accordance with the USA Jet Airlines General Maintenance Manual.
What You’ll Bring
EXPERIENCE SHEET METAL/COMPOSITE REQUIRED
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• Must hold a current FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to remain calm during adverse conditions
• Ability to think and react quickly with a sense of urgency to time-sensitive problem situations
• Detailed organizational skills
• Experience in Microsoft Windows, Word, Outlook and Excel preferred
• Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
• Eligible to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship
• Valid and Current Passport
• Ability to travel without restriction in and out of the U.S. • Ability to complete the training and qualification requirements as defined in USA Jet approved/accepted manuals
Ascent’s Competitive Benefits
• 401(k) and employer matching
• Life Insurance
• Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Short- & Long-Term Disability
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Parental Leave
• Employee Wellness Program
• Paid Holidays
• Employee Recognition Programs
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Overtime, Differential, Trip & Bonus Pay
• Successfully candidates must pass an initial, and random, Drug and Alcohol screening process as required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and a fingerprint based criminal history records check and/or Security Threat Assessment (STA) as required by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
• Employment is not contingent upon COVID-19 vaccination status.
• May be required to work near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
• Noise level may be moderate to loud when aircraft is taxiing in the area.
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Walk, sit, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach/handle items
- Work with their hands and tools
- Lift and/or move items 10-50 pounds
- Talk and hear others in conversations via the phone or in person
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move items up 50-100 pounds.
• Vision abilities required:
- Close vision
- Distance vision
- Color vision
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
USA JET Airlines Company Overview
With access to more aircraft and surface transportation vehicles than any competitor, we offer the industrys most cost-effective expedited freight solutions. Unlike competitors who fill their own vehicles first, we search the entire market for the best available expedited solution for every shipment. Then we back our service with advanced technology and the 3PL industrys most experienced transportation professionals. The result? Unparalleled peace of mind for your expedited shipments.