Aircraft Maintenance Technician Pia Featured
- Peoria, Illinois
- Job ID
Aircraft Maintenance Technician Pia job at UPS in Peoria IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
This posting hires for part-time Aircraft Maintenance Technician positions.
Part-Time Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Perform aircraft maintenance on UPS fleet to meet or exceed airworthiness standards. Performs the change removal replacement or upgrade of aircraft components to correct failures or implement changes. Conducts troubleshooting of complex pneumatic hydraulic engine and structural components and systems. Documents procedures per established processes to ensure regulatory compliance. Performs tasks associated with the safe handling of an aircraft.
Five year progression with a starting rate of $26.23 and top out rate of $66.89. Eligible for benefits after 90 days.
- Responsible for the maintenance and preventive maintenance of aircraft.
- Determines airworthiness of aircraft and components in accordance with established procedure and Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Completes aircraft maintenance forms entries and enters data into a Maintenance Data Systems ensures entries are accurate and complete
- Services and inspects aircraft components and related equipment.
- Ensure consistent accurate aircraft maintenance by properly completing turnover entries on unfinished maintenance in the turnover log.
- Follow all Maintenance Department Policies and Procedures.
- Keep a clean and orderly work environment.
- Make recommendations to improve functions within the Maintenance Department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Line Maintenance Supervisor or the Director of Maintenance.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have a valid FAA Airframe and Power -Plant license
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years aircraft maintenance experience that could include but not limited to:
- Boeing Airbus and/or McDonnell Douglas aircraft
- Military jet aircraft
- Regional /Commuter aircraft
- Knowledge of computer systems
- Troubleshooting skills and ability to read and interpret Aircraft Manuals and Illustrated Parts Catalogues
Federal Aviation Administration required Drug Testing Information (FAA):
As part of the UPS pre-employment process for a safety sensitive position a drug screen is required. UPS must receive a negative test result before you can be put into a safety sensitive position (14 CFR Part 120.107).
Please be advised that you will be tested in accordance with 14 CFR Part 120.109(a)(5) and 14 CFR 120 Subpart E to determine the presence of marijuana cocaine opiates (including codeine heroin-6AM morphine) opioids- hydrocodone hydromorphone oxycodone and oxymorphone phencyclidine (PCP) and amphetamines/methamphetamines (including MDMA MDA) or metabolites of these drugs.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
UPS Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.