Technical Publications Editor Featured
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Annual Salary $58,606.00 - $71,132.00
- Job ID
Technical Publications Editor job at Tactical Air Support in Jacksonville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
TECHNICAL PUBLICATIONS EDITOR
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a growing national company, provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and advisory services in tactical aviation, as well as the production, modification, and sustainment/maintenance of high-performance aircraft. We "Serve Those Who Serve" with innovative aviation solutions while maintaining a balanced focus on our customers and our teams and we are seeking a Technical Publications Editor to join our team.
MRO Services' mission is to engineer and execute modifications to company and U.S. military aircraft. MRO Services team members are part of innovative and groundbreaking activities that are blazing new paths for its customers in the adversary aircraft fighter mission.
The ideal candidate for the Technical Publications Editor position will be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and working with a team of Technical Writers. This position will be responsible to coordinate, analyze, and provide editorial/graphic skills to technical military aircraft maintenance manuals and technical orders. The successful performance of this position will require candidate to meet and support the business goals and mission of the company.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Please refer to the position profile for complete job description and requirements.
- Proficiency and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., Framemaker, and Illustrator) to create illustrative visual aids in technical publications is highly advantageous.
- Specialize in editing material regarding work methods and procedures.
- Ensure effective management of assigned program areas.
- Effectively and efficiently manage and utilize resources across projects including project team and vendors.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
- Occasional travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Ability to obtain or possess current U.S. government Secret clearance.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana) per DOT/FAA requirements for safety sensitive positions.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.