Avionics Mechanic Urgent
- Reno, Nevada
- Hourly $30.00 - $50.00
- Job ID
Avionics Mechanic job at Tactical Air Support in Reno NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
Tactical Air Support Inc.
Salary $30.00 - $50.00/hourly DOE
The Maintenance Division supports Tactical Air's Air Operations' fleet of fighter aircraft with over 75 years of combined experience in tactical aviation maintenance and more than 30 years of military adversary contract maintenance. The Maintenance staff are a dedicated team comprised of experienced A&P-certified and tactical aircraft mechanics, technicians, and logisticians who all work towards ensuring safe and seamless ground maintenance operations. The Avionics Mechanic position is an integral part of a dedicated, elite team of professionals who get things done, enjoy working together, and are committed to growing with this fast-moving company.
The ideal candidate for the Avionics Mechanic position will be professional, highly productive, disciplined, team-oriented, technically astute, and responsive to the needs of the company, colleagues, and customers. Reporting to the Director of Maintenance, this position will perform organizational, intermediate, and limited depot-level maintenance to include inspection, operational test, repair, modification, troubleshooting, and replacement of aircraft electrical/avionics systems on all assigned aircraft, components, and equipment. This position will apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to other teammates as needed.
- Minimum of three years' previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience, preferably in the military or with a government aviation maintenance contractor.
- Experience with high performance military aircraft (F-5/T-38 or other Fighter Aircraft)
- Valid state driver's license.
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain/maintain a government security clearance.
- Vocational school or associate degree advantageous.
- Government-approved certification advantageous.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds (with assistance, if required).
- Regular use of hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls; reaching with hands and arms.
- Regularly ascend/descend stairs and/or ladders.
- Must be lawfully eligible to work in the United States and complete a U.S. government I-9 Form.
- Tactical Air Support is a Drug & Alcohol-Free Workplace. Pre-employment, random, or for cause drug/alcohol testing (including for marijuana) required.
- Occasional aircraft hangar or warehouse environment with exposure to loud noises, fumes from engines and chemicals, unpredictable climate (hot/cold), and electrical shock, or trip or slip hazards.
- May be exposed to or required to handle hazardous materials.
- Specific work hours determined by operational, departmental, or contractual requirements.
- Occasional evening, weekend, holiday, and overtime work may be required.
- Occasional travel (10%) to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.