Ground Safety Official Urgent
- Reno, Nevada
- Annual Salary $72,800.00 - $75,000.00
- Job ID
Ground Safety Official job at Tactical Air Support in Reno NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
GROUND SAFETY OFFICIAL
Tactical Air Support, Inc., provides domestic and international training and advisory services in tactical aviation, as well as the production, modification, and sustainment/maintenance of high-performance aircraft. We "Serve Those Who Serve" with innovative aviation solutions while maintaining a balanced focus on our customers and our teams and we are seeking an experienced Ground Safety Official to join our Safety team.
The maintenance and production teams support Tactical Air's fleet of fighter aircraft with over 75 years of combined experience in tactical aviation maintenance and more than 30 years of military adversary contract maintenance, modification, repair, and operations.
The ideal candidate for the Ground Safety Official position will be responsible for the administration of Tactical Air Support's Company Safety Management System, Site Safety policy and procedures, including employee compliance, as well as the daily administration of the Tactical Air Support Safety Management System and applicable operating location specific contracts. The primary location for this position is at the Reno-Stead Airport, Nevada. The secondary location is Naval Air Station Fallon, Nevada. Travel to NAS Fallon is expected to be on a quarterly basis. The tertiary location is at Klamath Falls, Oregon and travel is on an as-needed basis.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that will provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the Ground Safety Official role. Please refer to the position profile for complete job description and requirements.
- Three years' experience with ground aviation safety and risk management. Candidate should have operational experience in Ground Safety management, and training or direct experience in ground safety philosophy and controls.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a Safety Management System program & principles and Department of Defense (DoD) safety-related Instructions.
- High degree of knowledge and expertise in aircraft support equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable maintenance and technical manuals, publications, instructions, and special tools and test equipment.
- Familiarity with operational capabilities and limitations of support equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge in corrosion detection, treatment, and prevention.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Occasional travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required and ability to support detachments as assigned.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana) per DOT/FAA requirements for safety sensitive positions.
- This position is subject to medical or physical certification requirements.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.