- Reno, Nevada
- Hourly $21.61 - $28.00
- Job ID
Procurement SpecialistJAX job at Tactical Air Support in Reno NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
Tactical Air Support, Inc., provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and advisory services in tactical aviation, as well as the production, modification, and sustainment/maintenance of high-performance aircraft, is seeking an experienced Procurement Specialist to join our team.
This position reports to the Director of Logistics and will ensure that the supply chain needs, and ongoing functionality of aircraft maintenance are met in a timely and cost-effective manner. The Procurement Specialist will review costs, develop relationships with vendors and suppliers, evaluate suppliers to find best deals and terms, and offer suggestions on purchasing strategies. This position will provide support to assist in preparation and analysis of vendor contracts and will work closely with all areas of air and ground operations and accounting/finance. The successful Procurement Specialist must be familiar with Environmental, Health, and Safety regulations, policies, and mandated Quality Assurance, Security, Explosive Safety, and other applicable company program requirements.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Please see job description for minimum requirements.
- Experience specializing in a Department of Defense (DoD) aviation/material control environment.
- Capable of maintaining an accurate accountability for on-hand inventory.
- Prior aviation logistical operations experience.
- Strong negotiation skills and purchasing experience to obtain best price, quality, shipping/delivery terms, and other various factors.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office 365, including Excel.
- Familiarity with shipping, receiving, and handling of hazardous material.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance may be required.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug screening (including for marijuana).
Tactical Air Support is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.