Field Support Engineer Urgent
- Reno, Nevada
- Annual Salary $95,000.00 - $115,000.00
- Job ID
Field Support Engineer job at Tactical Air Support in Reno NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
Tactical Air Support Inc.
Field Support Engineer
Salary $95,000 - $115,000 DOE
Under general direction, the Field Support Engineer will be responsible for the maintenance of advanced fighter aircraft mission systems. Will apply network/systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine hardware, software, or network/system functional specifications, and design, develop, test, and modify mission systems and programs based on user or design specifications. The mission systems are unique, one-of-a-kind, custom-built prototypes that must be continually evaluated and updated to meet mission needs. Will provide support in a proprietary and classified environment which is technically complex and often ambiguous.
- Test, maintain, calibrate, and repair Information Technology (IT)-based aircraft mission systems and end user devices and applications.
- Configure and maintain aircraft mission computer, mission planning laptop, and related systems upon deployment of new software/hardware and upgrades.
- Test spare mission systems hardware to ensure proper operation as part of acceptance inspection.
- Knowledgeable in administering endpoints in a hybrid environment to include Windows and Linux operating systems, and SIEM and network monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of Semi and Fully Rugged (DO-160) Mission Computing Equipment.
- Troubleshoot and isolate Commercial and Military Computer architecture including Ethernet, serial, 1553b, RS-422, RS-485, RS-232, and USB bus standards.
- Troubleshoot CVBS, HD-SDI, and H.264 video systems including displays, converters, scalers, and recorders.
- Conform to U.S. DoD COMSEC and Transmission Security TRANSEC methods and procedures.
- Troubleshoot connectivity with Line of Sight and satellite tactical radio and datalink systems.
- Troubleshoot LAN interface standards and protocols to include VLAN.
- Troubleshoot Airborne GPS/INS systems.
- Knowledge of proper use of government classified networks, telephone, and email practices and etiquette.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or STEM discipline, or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience in a relevant field or industry may substitute for degree.
- Two years of experience in information technology administration.
- Certification in DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technician (IAT) preferred, or ability to obtain certification.
- Valid state driver's license.
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain/maintain a government security clearance.
- Experience with the U.S. Armed Forces and DoD federal contractors and the aerospace, defense, or commercial aviation industry.
- Prior experience in advanced fighter aircraft.
- Prior experience with military data links (e.g., Link-16).
- Experience with HMCS.
- Experience with Air-to-Air Radars & Radar Warning Receiver systems.
- Experience with Garmin FMS.
- Aircraft hangar environment with exposure to loud noises, fumes from engines and chemicals, unpredictable climate (hot/cold), and electrical shock, or trip or slip hazards.
- Occasional lifting up to 70 pounds (with assistance, if required).
- Regular use of hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls; reaching with hands and arms.
- Regular use of hand tools.
- Regularly ascend/descend stairs and/or ladders.
- Must be lawfully eligible to work in the United States and complete a U.S. government I-9 Form.
- Tactical Air Support is a Drug & Alcohol-Free Workplace. Pre-employment, random, or for cause drug/alcohol testing (including for marijuana) required.
- Pre-employment and ongoing physical certifications required.
- Occasional aircraft hangar or warehouse environment with exposure to loud noises, fumes from engines and chemicals, unpredictable climate (hot/cold), and electrical shock, or trip or slip hazards.
- May be exposed to or required to handle hazardous materials.
- Occasional travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.