Aircraft Mechanical Drafter Jax
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Annual Salary $52,000.00 - $72,000.00
- Job ID
Aircraft Mechanical Drafter Jax job at Tactical Air Support in Jacksonville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
AIRCRAFT MECHANICAL DRAFTER
Tactical Air Support, Inc., provides training and advisory services in tactical aviation, as well as the production, modification, and sustainment/maintenance of high-performance aircraft, is seeking an experienced Aircraft Mechanical Drafter.
The maintenance and production teams support Tactical Air's fleet of fighter aircraft with over 75 years of combined experience in tactical aviation maintenance and more than 30 years of military adversary contract maintenance, modification, repair, and operations.
The ideal candidate will be responsible to execute engineering design, development, test, and analysis of aircraft and structures to include U.S. Navy F-5N+F+ series aircraft. This position will communicate and collaborate with aircraft maintenance, pilots, engineering team members, and program management in support of mission systems.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Please see job description for minimum requirements.
- Education specific to engineering, STEM, or aerospace engineering.
- Experience working with and designing mechanical drawings, conducting structural analysis, and general arrangements with software-aided design tools (e.g., AutoCAD, Creo, SolidWorks, NX, CATIA, and Smartsheets/Project).
- Experience in Product Data Management of engineering CAD models, drawings, and data and as an administrator to manage CAD/PDM software licenses and user accounts.
- Experience in Model Based Definition (MBD) and Product and Manufacturing Information and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Familiarity with Finite Element Analysis, 3D printing/scanning with use of FERO ARM laser scanners.
- Comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical engineering standards such as materials and coatings; structures and strength standards; aircraft fasteners, adhesives, and bonding; connectors, wire gauges, and bend radius; antennas, radomes, and mountings, etc.
- Ability to develop/update drawings and CAD models based on engineering change proposals.
- Ability to support airworthiness approval process, including MIL-HDBK-516 and FAA Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Ability to conform to U.S. DoD Communications Security and Transmission Security methods and procedures.
- Ability to handle classified materials utilizing government-approved network and email systems.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Must be eligible to obtain U.S. government security clearance; current Secret clearance preferred.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana).
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.