Tool Room HAZMAT Attendant JAX
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Hourly $25.00 - $35.00
- Job ID
Tool Room HAZMAT Attendant JAX job at Tactical Air Support in Jacksonville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
TOOL ROOM/HAZMAT ATTENDANT
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a growing national company, provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and advisory services in tactical aviation, as well as the production, modification, and sustainment/maintenance of high-performance aircraft. We "Serve Those Who Serve" with innovative aviation solutions while maintaining a balanced focus on our customers and our teams and we are seeking an experienced Tool Room/HAZMAT Attendant to join our Maintenance team.
The maintenance and production teams support Tactical Air's fleet of fighter aircraft with over 75 years of combined experience in tactical aviation maintenance and more than 30 years of military adversary contract maintenance, modification, repair, and operations. MRO Services staff are a dedicated team comprised of experienced, A&P-certified, and tactical aircraft mechanics, technicians, and logisticians who all work towards ensuring safe and seamless operations.
The ideal candidate for the Tool Room/HAZMAT Attendant position will be responsible for supporting an effective and efficient Tool Control Program in support of aircraft operations. The Tool Room/HAZMAT Attendant position will issue, track, monitor, and account for all tools and hazardous materials; keep appropriate and accurate records; and will order replacement tools or materials as needed to maintain required stock.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Please refer to the position profile for complete job description and requirements.
- Demonstrated background and experience specializing in a DoD aviation material control environment.
- Tool Room Control and Hazardous Material handling experience.
- Completion of HAZMAT course.
- Naval Aviation Logistics Command Management Information System (NALCOMIS/OOMA) and Aviation Logistics Material Management System background/experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
- Occasional travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required and ability to support detachments as assigned.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance requirements if necessary.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana) per DOT/FAA requirements for safety sensitive positions.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.