Associate Electrical Engineer Featured
- Reno, Nevada
- Annual Salary $70,000.00 - $110,000.00
- Job ID
Associate Electrical Engineer job at Tactical Air Support in Reno NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
Tactical Air Support Inc.
ASSOCIATE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Salary Range $70,000 - $110,000 DOE
Tactical Air is currently seeking an Associate Engineer for our Stead Airbase location in Reno, Nevada. Under general direction, the Associate Engineer will be responsible for activities involved in engineering and design of advanced fighter aircraft systems. This position requires application of sound engineering principles to participate in the program management, research, design, development, installation, test, and analysis of new and existing aircraft systems. The Associate Engineer will provide support for the rapid modification, verification, and fielding of new and innovative technology in high-performance fighter aircraft.
- Design, document, test and troubleshoot aircraft electrical and electronic systems and reverse engineer electrical systems utilizing measuring tools and test equipment.
- Create, review, and annotate electrical technical drawings and other aircraft systems documents.
- Provide support for the rapid modification, verification, and fielding of new and innovative technology.
- Collaborate with maintenance, modification teams, pilots, and program management in support of mission systems.
- Maintain continuous learning, education, and awareness of aircraft components and systems.
- Bachelor's degree Electrical Engineering.
- 1 year of demonstrated experience in a technical role.
- Experience with any of the following helpful: instrumentation and data collection systems, antennas and antenna performance, radomes, PWB and CCA design, use of meters and spectrum analyzers.
- Knowledgeable in commercial and military aircraft systems including standard wiring practices, connectors, wire gauges, electrical loads analysis.
- Ability to properly handle classified materials, manage files, and maintain records in compliance with standard or required recordkeeping practices.
- Valid state driver's license.
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain/maintain a government security clearance.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds (with assistance, if required).
- Regular use of hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls; reaching with hands and arms.
- Regularly ascend/descend stairs and/or ladders.
- Must be lawfully eligible to work in the United States and complete a U.S. government I-9 Form.
- Tactical Air Support is a Drug & Alcohol-Free Workplace. Pre-employment, random, or for cause drug/alcohol testing (including for marijuana) required.
- Pre-employment and ongoing physical certifications required.
- Occasional aircraft hangar or warehouse environment with exposure to loud noises, fumes from engines and chemicals, unpredictable climate (hot/cold), and electrical shock, or trip or slip hazards.
- May be exposed to or required to handle hazardous materials.
- Specific work hours determined by operational, departmental, or contractual requirements.
- Occasional evening, weekend, holiday, and overtime work may be required.
- Occasional travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.