Aircraft Mechanical Drafter RNO
- Reno, Nevada
- Annual Salary $60,000.00
- Job ID
Aircraft Mechanical Drafter RNO job at Tactical Air Support in Reno NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
Aircraft Mechanical Drafter
Tactical Air Support, Inc., provides training and advisory services in tactical aviation. Tactical Air's current operations includes production/modification/maintenance/sustainment and logistic support for our own fleet of high-performance aircraft and for our customers. Tactical Air's team includes A&P-certified experienced mechanics, technicians, logisticians, and engineers, with a combined experience of more than 75 years in tactical aviation maintenance and more than 30 years supporting U.S. military adversary contract maintenance.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for engineering design drawings and CAD models of advanced fighter aircraft systems. This position will create and modify existing mechanical models and drawings using CREO and electrical 2d schematics and drawings in Autocad.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Please see job description for minimum requirements.
- Demonstrated mechanical engineering drafting/design experience. Associate degree in applied science or technical discipline preferred.
- Extensive experience in engineering drawing/CAD model creation and modification.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in mechanical drawing design and arrangements layout.
- Knowledgeable in commercial and/or military aircraft systems including standard materials and coatings; structures and strength standards; aircraft fasteners, adhesives, and bonding; and antennas, radomes, and mounting.
- Knowledge of instrumentation and data collection systems, transparencies and sensor windows, and aerodynamic fairings preferred.
- Understanding of airflow and cooling, wiring routing, fairings, and aerodynamic forces.
- Ability to utilize forensic approach to challenges or problems.
- Strong Windows-based computer skills with ability to utilize various software and applications (Microsoft Office 365/GCC High/MS Teams preferred).
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide information to colleagues, customers, co-workers, or other stakeholders, with emphasis on sharing or transmitting technical information with clarity and accuracy.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Occasional travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required and ability to support detachments as assigned.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana) per DOT/FAA requirements for safety sensitive positions.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.