Tool Room Attendant Urgent
- Reno, Nevada
- Hourly $30.00 - $35.00
- Job ID
Tool Room Attendant job at Tactical Air Support in Reno NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
Tactical Air Support Inc.
TOOL ROOM/HAZMAT ATTENDANT
Salary $30.00 to $35.00 Hourly DOE
Tactical Air is currently seeking a Tool Room/HAZMAT Attendant position will be responsible for organizing and sustaining an effective and efficient Tool Control Program in support of aircraft operations. The Tool Room/HAZMAT position will issue, track, monitor, and account for all tools and hazardous materials; keep appropriate and accurate records; and will order replacement tools or materials as needed to maintain required stock.
The Tool Room Attendant will be professional, highly productive, disciplined, team-oriented, technically astute, and responsive to the needs of the company, colleagues, and customers. This position will be responsible for the daily issuance of tools and hazardous material and will perform duties in support of aircraft operations. The Tool Room Attendant must be knowledgeable in federal and state regulations required by the Department of Defense (DoD); Manufacturer Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS); Environmental, Health, and Safety; Quality Assurance; Security; Explosive Safety; and all other applicable governmental and company programs.
- High School/GED diploma with three years of experience specializing in a DoD aviation material control environment.
- Tool Room Control and Hazardous Material handling experience.
- Completion of 40-hour HAZMAT course required.
- Valid state driver's license.
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain/maintain a government security clearance.
- Naval Aviation Logistics Command Management Information System (NALCOMIS/OOMA) and Aviation Logistics Material Management System background/experience preferred.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds (with assistance, if required).
- Regular use of hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls; reaching with hands and arms.
- Regularly ascend/descend stairs and/or ladders.
- Must be lawfully eligible to work in the United States and complete a U.S. government I-9 Form.
- Tactical Air Support is a Drug & Alcohol-Free Workplace. Pre-employment, random, or for cause drug/alcohol testing (including for marijuana) required.
- Pre-employment and ongoing physical certifications may be required.
- Occasional aircraft hangar or warehouse environment with exposure to loud noises, fumes from engines and chemicals, unpredictable climate (hot/cold), and electrical shock, or trip or slip hazards.
- May be exposed to or required to handle hazardous materials.
- Specific work hours determined by operational, departmental, or contractual requirements.
- Occasional evening, weekend, holiday, and overtime work may be required.
- Occasional travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.