Avionics Mechanic Urgent
- Kalamath, Oregon
- Hourly $38.00 - $44.00
- Job ID
Avionics Mechanic job at Tactical Air Support in Kalamath OR
Description, duties, responsibilities
AVIONICS MECHANIC I, II, III
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a growing national company, provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and advisory services in tactical aviation, as well as the production, modification, and sustainment/maintenance of high-performance aircraft. We "Serve Those Who Serve" with innovative aviation solutions while maintaining a balanced focus on our customers and our teams and we are seeking an experienced Avionics Mechanic to join our team.
The ideal candidate for the Avionics Mechanic position will be position will report to the Site Manager responsible for the safe and effective operation of company-owned aircraft. They will perform organizational, intermediate, and limited depot-level maintenance to include inspection, operational test, repair, modification, and troubleshooting on all assigned aircraft electrical/avionic systems, components, and equipment. This position will apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to other teammates as needed.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Please refer to the position profile for complete job description and requirements.
- Progressive and current work experience in aircraft avionics occupational field.
- Experience with high performance military aircraft (F-5/T-38) preferred.
- Extensive experience in Radar/Integrated Weapons systems.
- Test and troubleshoot instruments, components, and assemblies to ensure proper functioning or systems' discrepancies and modifications.
- Adjust,repair,orreplacemalfunctioningcomponentsorassemblies;installmachineorequipment replacement parts; adjust equipment to ensure optimal performance; repair worn, damaged, or defective mechanical parts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required and ability to support detachments as assigned.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana) per DOT/FAA requirements for safety sensitive positions.
- This position is subject to medical or physical certification requirements.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.