Principal Aircraft Mechanical Engineer JAX Urgent
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Annual Salary $130,000.00 - $140,000.00
- Job ID
Principal Aircraft Mechanical Engineer JAX job at Tactical Air Support in Jacksonville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
The ideal candidate for the Principal Aircraft Mechanical Engineer position will be professional, highly productive, disciplined, team-oriented, technically astute, and responsive to the needs of the company, colleagues, and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. Reporting to the Chief Engineer, this position is vital to Tactical Air's ongoing viability and performance by ensuring production and availability of CAS aircraft. The Principal Aircraft Mechanical Engineer will be responsible to execute engineering design, development, test, and analysis of aircraft and structures to include U.S. Navy F-5N+/F+ series aircraft. This position will communicate and collaborate with aircraft maintenance, pilots, engineering team members, and program management in support of mission systems.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Experience working with and designing mechanical drawings, conducting structural analysis, and general arrangements with software aided design tools (e.g., AutoCad, Creo, SolidWorks, and Smartsheets/Project).
- Demonstrated knowledge of sound engineering principles, testing, analysis, and reporting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial and military aircraft mechanical engineering standards such as materials and coatings; structures and strength standards; aircraft fasteners, adhesives, and bonding; connectors, wire gauges, and bend radius; antennas, radomes, and mountings, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot aircraft structures, panels, and mounts, and reverse engineer structural and mechanic components.
- Ability to troubleshoot vibration, thermal behaviors, and mounting and cooling provisions.
- Ability to support airworthiness approval process, including MIL-HDBK-516 and FAA Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR).
- Ability to conform to U.S. DoD Communications Security (COMSEC) and Transmission Security (TRANSEC) methods and
- Ability to handle classified materials utilizing government-approved network and email systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Must be eligible to obtain U.S. government security clearance; current Secret Clearance preferred.
- This position may be subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana).
The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in cutting-edge aircraft mission systems development and maintenance, Tactical Air invites you to apply.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. TACTICAL AIRS VISION FOR THE FUTURE IS TO BE THE WORLDS PREMIER Ãƒ CENTER OF EXCELLENCEÂ FOR COMMERCIAL TACTICAL AVIATION TRAINING AND SUPPORT SERVICES. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world classÂ aviation expertise powered by a cadre of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution, Its not what we do, its how we do it.Â