Aircraft Missions Systems Technician N4G
- Fallon, Nevada
- Annual Salary $80,000.00
- Job ID
Aircraft Missions Systems Technician N4G job at Tactical Air Support in Fallon NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
AIRCRAFT MISSION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
Tactical Air Support, Inc., provides domestic and international training and advisory services in tactical aviation, and the production, modification, and sustainment/maintenance of high-performance aircraft, is seeking an experienced Aircraft Mission System Technician to join our team.
The Technology Development division supports Tactical Air's mission through the development and provision of aircraft for Contract Air Services (CAS) in support of U.S. military training.
The ideal candidate for the Aircraft Mission Systems Technician position will report to the project managers as assigned. The Aircraft Mission Systems Technician is vital to the company's ongoing viability and performance by ensuring security and availability of CAS aircraft. The Aircraft Mission Systems Technician will support development and maintenance of mission systems on F-5 "Advanced Tiger" (F-5ATTM) series aircraft. The successful candidate must possess in-depth knowledge and skill in testing, maintenance, calibration, and repair of Information Technology (IT)-based mission systems and ability to provide support for the rapid modification, verification, and fielding of new, advanced technology in the F-5AT aircraft.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Please see job description for minimum requirements.
- Experience working with Semi- and Fully-Rugged (DO-160) Mission Computing Equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and isolate for commercial and military computer architecture including Ethernet, serial, 1553b, and USB bus standards.
- Ability to troubleshoot CVBS, HD-SDI, and H.264 video systems including displays, converters, scalers, and recorders.
- Ability to conform to U.S. DoD Communications Security and Transmission Security methods and procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot connectivity with Line of Sight and satellite tactical radio and datalink systems.
- Knowledge of Local Area Networking interface standards and protocols to include Virtual LAN.
- Understand IT techniques necessary for administration of classified and unclassified computer systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot Airborne GPS/INS systems.
- Prior experience with Helmet Mounted Cuing Systems, Air-to-Air Radar and Radar Warning Receiver systems, and Garmin Flight Management Systems preferred.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance and subject to pre-employment drug testing (including for marijuana).
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Aircraft Missions Systems TechnicianN4G Fallon NV
Aviation Life Support Specialist N4G Fallon NV
Aircraft Missions Systems Technician N4G Fallon NV
Aircraft Mechanic N4G Fallon NV
Aviation Ordnance Technician RNO Reno NV
Aircraft Mechanic Egress Reno NV
Aircraft Mechanical Drafter RNO Reno NV
Aircraft Mechanic Egress Reno NV
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.
- Job Feed
- News Feed