- Jacksonville, Florida
- Annual Salary $85,000.00 - $100,000.00
- Job ID
Subcontracts Manager job at Tactical Air Support in Jacksonville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Tactical Air Support Inc.
Salary $85,000 - $100,000 DOE
Tactical Air is currently seeking a Subcontracts Manager to head major subcontracts; and administers and coordinates the formulation of subcontract agreements, policies, procedures, methods, operating practices, and performance standards for a company. Oversees and collaborates with other management in the preparation of proposals, proposal pre-work, and post award execution. Negotiates proposals, contract modifications, and agreements; and solicits, evaluates, and awards subcontracts that meet specifications, quality, budget, and schedule.
- Coordinate, develop, draft, review, negotiate and produce subcontract documentation such as subcontracts, agreements, modification task/delivery orders, solicitations, estimates, cost/price analyses, negotiation memorandums, justifications, determinations, special contract provisions, representations, certifications, and correspondence.
- Ability to understand complex relationships, strategies and approaches in negotiating terms and conditions with Government and subcontractors.
- Evaluate proposals and quotations, determine offer responsiveness, responsibility, and eligibility for award, and provide support for discussions and negotiations, cost/price analyses, Cost Accounting Standards, and technical compliance.
- Generate reports and briefings to provide the information to make critical program business decisions in a timely manner for a variance of program schedule, cost and/or performance requirements.
- Conduct effective meetings and reviews with both internal and external customers.
- Review and process purchase requisitions.
- Compile documentation to establish subcontract files.
- Coordinate with accounting and finance department in administering subcontract invoicing and payments, job cost management, contract audit/filing, and closeout process.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience managing complex Department of Defense subcontracts and subcontractors.
- Experience in working with internationally based subcontractors.
- Demonstrated strategic and tactical planning of advanced, complex, long-range programs that address customer needs and company goals via the use of subcontractors.
- Manage/coordinate subcontract activities to include subcontractors' performance and award fee determinations.
- Expertise with typical project management (planning and control) systems and tools such as: Contract and Subcontract Management, Systems Engineering Process, Integrated Master Plan & Schedule, Quality Management Systems, Manufacturing Management and Planning, Program Management Reviews, and Major Milestone Reviews
- Conduct subcontract file reviews in support of Government audits in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Ensure compliance with governmental law and divisional policies on contracts and procurement.
- Ensure subcontract requirements are met, monitor cost status, assist in cost management, and coordinate issue resolution with customers and subcontractors.
- Maintain a filing system and be responsible for correspondence on contracts and procurement matters.
- Valid state driver's license.
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain/maintain a government security clearance.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Must be lawfully eligible to work in the United States and complete a U.S. government I-9 Form.
- Tactical Air Support is a Drug & Alcohol-Free Workplace. Pre-employment, random, or for cause drug/alcohol testing (including for marijuana) required.
- Occasional aircraft hangar or warehouse environment with exposure to loud noises, fumes from engines and chemicals, unpredictable climate (hot/cold), and electrical shock, or trip or slip hazards.
- Occasional travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.