Aircraft Mechanic powerplant Featured
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Job ID
Aircraft Mechanic powerplant job at Tactical Air Support in Jacksonville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Tactical Air Support is Nevada Center for Entrepreneurial Technology (NCET)
2019 Aerospace / Aviation Company of the Year
Tactical Air Support Inc. a national company headquartered in Reno Nevada provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and support services in tactical aviation and is seeking an experienced Aircraft Powerplant Mechanic to join our Production team.
Tactical Airs motto is "We Serve Those Who Serve" and our companys purpose is twofold: We help make the world more secure through our efforts to improve the military capabilities and security of the U.S. and our partner nations and we create an environment where our employees can discover develop and share their talents in a way that provides a meaningful career path.
The Maintenance and Production teams support Tactical Airs fleet of fighter aircraft with over 75 years of combined experience in tactical aviation maintenance and more than 30 years of military adversary contract maintenance. The Maintenance and Production staff are a dedicated team comprised of experienced A&P-certified and tactical aircraft mechanics technicians and logisticians who all work towards ensuring safe and seamless ground maintenance operations.
This position is located in Jacksonville Florida the largest city in Florida with a population close to one million people. Jacksonville boasts the largest Naval port in the United States and offers communities rich in history arts and culture entertainment recreation and cuisine. There is truly something for everyone. Check out -to-jacksonville-fl/ for more information about living in Jacksonville.
The ideal candidate for the Aircraft Mechanic/Powerplant position will be professional highly-productive disciplined team-oriented technically astute and responsive to the needs of the company colleagues and customers. This position will report to the Director of Production and will be responsible for the safe and effective operation of company-owned aircraft and will maintain inspect test repair modify and troubleshoot aircraft engine components and equipment as required and in accordance with applicable publications and governing instructions. This position will apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance guidance and instruction to other teammates as needed.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Minimum of five years work-related skill knowledge or experience in organizational-level aircraft maintenance specifically focused on powerplant/engine maintenance.
- Recent experience with high performance military aircraft (F-5/T-38) J85-21C engine.
- Previous inspector-level authorization certification (e.g. Collateral Duty Inspector or Red X).
- Plane Captain/Crew Chief certification or ability to become certified.
- Ability to troubleshoot service remove replace and overhaul aircraft engine components and systems to ensure airworthiness.
- Must have working knowledge of all aircraft main auxiliary secondary power systems fuel systems engine level and bleed air components.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules deadlines and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Ability to read listen to and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Creativity positivity and confidence.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana) and physical certifications.
Tactical Air offers a comprehensive benefits package including (but not limited to) 401K retirement savings plan with employer match full health/dental/vision care and life insurance. The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic self-motivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work with a keen interest in cutting-edge aircraft mission systems development and maintenance Tactical Air invites you to apply.
If any applicant requires assistance in accessing or completing an employment application please contact Human Resources.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.