Director of Training Urgent
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Annual Salary $120,000.00 - $145,000.00
- Job ID
Director of Training job at Tactical Air Support in Jacksonville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Tactical Air Support Inc.
Director of Training
Salary range $120,000 - $145,000 DOE
Reports to: Chief of Standardization and Training
Date: December 2023
Tactical Air is currently seeking a Director of Training to design and oversee all learning and professional development programs at the company. Training at Tactical Air Support focuses on three main areas-corporate training, maintenance training, and aircrew training. The Director of Training maintains a consistent culture in the business with regards to training and development. They are responsible for the creation, implementation, and improvement of all business-wide training efforts which requires them to be highly experienced, motivated, and dedicated to quality training across the business. The Director of Training is involved in designing effective training programs, selecting instructors to facilitate those programs, and facilitating the training themselves.
This position is located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Director of Training responsibilities include identifying training needs based on skills gap analyses, developing group and individual learning courses, and managing the training budget. To be successful in this role, they should have solid experience organizing training, designing curriculum, and assessing return on investment for each training program. The Director of Training should be consistently evaluating each training program to ensure improvements across quality of work, productivity, retention, and employee engagement.
- Directs the design, planning, and implementation of corporate training programs aligned with the objectives and strategy of the company.
- Collaborates with management teams to assess ongoing and future training and development needs as well as effectiveness of established programs.
- Creates curriculum, products, courses, manuals, classroom activities, and other materials needed to deliver training sessions.
- Oversees and establishes relationship with vendors to provide additional outside training programs.
- Maintains records of all training activities and materials used during sessions.
- Develops and implements training programs for new hires and existing employees.
- Develops a program delivery schedule that provides training as needed and in locations that work for the department and participants.
- Provides engaging communications about program information that encourages participation and highlights the value and benefits of training.
- Conducts surveys, receives feedback, and analyzes data to identify skill gaps across individuals, departments, teams, and company. Approves new training techniques and suggests enhancements to existing training programs.
- Creates and maintains a training resource repository for the company.
- Implement coaching sessions and mentorship programs to establish a culture of continuous learning.
- Develops budget/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
- Reviews technical documentation, determines safety of flight impacts, and collaborates with Pilots to update training and Tactical Aviation Flight Manuals.
- Bachelor's degree or in lieu of degree, 8 years of relevant years of work experience.
- 5 years of experience with managerial / leadership skills.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of training programs and training analytics.
- Proven track record of designing and delivering successful training programs.
- Extensive background or exposure to aviation maintenance, aviation maintenance programs, and pilot training.
- Experience creating training products from scratch.
- Ability to conduct professional, in-person training to large and small groups with varied experience levels.
- Outstanding presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Teams, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Adobe Pro.
- Occasional travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. is required.
- Valid state driver's license.
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Experience editing and creating aircrew checklist and safety of flight products.
- Experience reading and interpreting technical documents.
- Tactical aircrew experience preferred.
- Aviation Instructor experience preferred.
- Must be lawfully eligible to work in the United States and complete a U.S. government I-9 Form.
- Tactical Air Support is a Drug & Alcohol-Free Workplace. Pre-employment, random, or for cause drug/alcohol testing (including for marijuana) required.
- Occasional aircraft hangar or warehouse environment with exposure to loud noises, fumes from engines and chemicals, unpredictable climate (hot/cold), and electrical shock, or trip or slip hazards.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.