- Madison, Wisconsin
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Pilot job at Sunlit Aviation in Madison WI
Description, duties, responsibilities
Pilot – Part 91
Job Type: Full-time
Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Seeking a Pilot-in-Command (“PIC”) or Second-in-Command (“SIC”) for a new 2024 Citation CJ4 GEN 2 flown Part 91 only and based at KMSN, the location of the company’s corporate hangar. The company’s utilization is approximately 300 hours annually.
The schedule necessary to service our affiliated companies generally includes weekday morning departures from KMSN with early evening same-day returns. Some overnights, limited weekends and night flights, and no holidays. In addition to our affiliated company locations, other commonly visited airports include MSP, MBS, DTW, DAL, SYR, TEB and RSW. This is not a commutable position and will require the candidate to reside in or relocate to the south-central WI area.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of the aviation department can be divided into two categories: administrative and operational. The central focus will be assuring that every precaution is utilized to transport of our associates in a safe, effective and efficient manner. Additional general responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Willing to be flexible and work as a team with the Chief Pilot on all operations of the flight department on a daily basis. Maintaining order and cleanliness of the aircraft and corporate hangar at all times and ensuring that the aircraft is prepared for flight with all provisions on board for the safety and comfort of the passengers.
- Responsible for all compliance and best practices with respect to aviation matters including, without limitation, compliance with all FAA and other applicable laws, regulations, requirements and standards, and compliance with all flight, maintenance and warranty requirements.
- Maintaining department records to include flight, manifest, maintenance, insurance and personnel as required by FARs, manufacturers, other federal agencies, and company policy to ensure accurate reporting and accounting.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with outside vendors to include the aircraft manufacturer, FBO’s and other logistical support.
- Act as PIC or SIC of flights for which the pilot has been scheduled.
- Conducting pre/post-flight inspections, supervising any servicing or maintenance, such as refueling operations.
- Providing excellent customer service to passengers
- Studying weather conditions at departure, destination, en route and alternate airports
- Arranging catering services in accordance with company and passenger requirements
- Aid in making decisions necessary to start, delay, or cancel flights and deviate the flight from planned route or destination when operating conditions dictate
- Reviewing and calculating the aircraft weight and balance, fuel on board and performance charts
- Preparing flight plans
- All necessary training must be maintained
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and pilot’s license for travel requirements
- A professional appearance and manner consistent with the Sunlit culture must be maintained.
- FAA Commercial, Instrument and Multi-Engine Rating
- Maintain a Second-Class Medical
- Citation CJ4 Type Rating Preferred
- Minimum 2,500 hours total
- Must meet these requirements and all other endorsements as required by the aircraft insurer
We provide a full benefit package, included in the list below. To ensure a safe environment, we conduct background checks and drug screening prior to employment. Sunlit Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
- Paid time off
- Holiday Pay
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental benefits insurance, including long term disability, short term disability, critical illness, accident, voluntary life/AD&D insurance
- 401K plan
- Pilot short term disability
- Pilot extended long-term disability
To apply, please submit your resume via email below to Jason Corbin, HR Manager. For questions regarding this position, please contact Jason at (608) 824-1335.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Sunlit Aviation Company Overview
This is a confidential job announcement posted directly through Avjobs, Inc. from an industry company. Although we cannot reveal the company or location, the company is highly motivated to hire and it is recommended that you apply. Confidential postings require applicants to send resumes by email or by using the specific instructions listed in the job description. We encourage you to take a moment to send your resume now.