3 Lic AP Piston Mechanics 1Painter 1body Prep Tech Featured
- San Marcos, Texas
- Hourly $10.00 - $28.00
- Job ID
3 Lic AP Piston Mechanics 1Painter 1body Prep Tech job at Specialized Aero LLC in San Marcos TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
Candidates, If you are looking for a job where you can stand out, while enhancing your skills and expanding your knowledge and abilities in the aviation field, then we are the company for you! This is your chance to showcase your expertise and work ethic, while gaining exposure to skills and projects that would likely be out of reach with a larger company.
If you bring a love for aviation and the desire to excel, along with a need for growing your skills and expertise and you have the ability to take initiative; you don't want to pass this up! This is an opportunity for you to get in with a small company! One that can lead to future advancement opportunities, as it places you in the position to become an integral part of establishing and growing with the company. Jump on this opportunity while the company is still small! Expand your marketability while earning income and exploring different aspects of aviation, moving you closer to discovering your true passion and likely up the ladder along the way!
LICENSED A & P GENERAL AVIATION PISTON MECHANIC (one ia certified)
- - Perform troubleshooting, perform aircraft maintenance (including 100-hour inspection & annual inspection), and repair in accordance with company policies, applicable regulations and manufacturers manuals and instructions
- - Ensure accurate aircraft maintenance records by properly documenting & completing required forms, computer entries, and logbook entries
- - Follow all company policies and procedures
- - Keep a clean and orderly work environment
- - Perform job duties in a safe and efficient manner
- - Perform other duties as assigned
- - A&P Mechanic Certificate (Inspection Authority is a plus!)
- - At least 5 Years of General Aviation Aircraft Mechanic experience
- - Be able to lift/carry up to 75 lbs, push-pull, walking, sitting, standing, climbing, kneeling, bending, crouching, and reaching.
- -Computer literacy
- - Ideal candidate is organized, efficient, diligent, has impeccable attention-to-detail and is a problem-solver!
- - Favorable references are required.
- Salary: $14/hr + DOE
Interested candidates should submit (through Avjobs) the position applying for and a resume or timeline of skills and experience.Please follow-up w/ a call:Jennifer Rivera 512-798-3439 or 281-786-4966. lf unavailable, provide best times to return call.
EXPERIENCED AIRCRAFT PAINTER-
Duties & Qualifications:
- Must be able to operate standard operating equipment and properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools.
- Knowledge of the installation of decals & stencils & layout of stripes.
- Read and understand blueprints or layouts per customer specifications
- Perform all strip procedures; this includes, but is not limited to: masking for strip, spraying stripper, performing detail strip after completion of initial strip of aircraft.
- Perform bodywork and fiberglass repairs
- Perform application of paint systems per customer and manufacturer specifications by applying primers, topcoats, specialty coatings such as mica & clear familiar with all masking processes.
- Perform all detailing for delivery procedures; this includes, but is not limited to: detailing aircraft exterior in preparation for delivery.
- Maintain a clean, safe and healthy work area.
- Comply with FAA regulations, safety rules & procedures
- Must successfully pass a DOT pre-employment drug test
- Fast Learner
- Team Player
- Ability to listen to instruction and carry out job tasks as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 Years Aircraft Painting Experience (Preferred)
- Auto Painting Experience (Will consider)
- Layout Experience is a plus!
BODYWORK PREP TECHNITION
We are currently seeking sharp, skilled and motivated 1st Year Apprentice Aviation paint technicians who want to learn a trade and build a career.
- Assist aviation painters by performing tasks under their direct supervision
- Chemical and mechanical paint stripping, priming, painting, striping and detailing - from wing tip to wing tip
- Work with a commitment to safety
- Be able to complete projects on time, on budget and safe.
- Act as a professional and uses basic work ethics
- Come to work on time every day with appropriate attire and attitude
- Keep work area clean
- Install quality work in a neat and workmanship like manner
- Treat tools with respect
- Work in tight, sometimes hot spaces inside an aircraft hangar, on ladders and lifts
- Identify parts and components
- Polishes and waxes finished surfaces by cutting and buffing finished surfaces
- Demonstrate competency in applying the following to perform normal job duties
- Performs moderately complex to complex filling operations related to the cosmetic appearance of the part being worked
- Removes excess material and prepares the surface for finishing
- Performs difficult masking operations
- Mix, apply and smooth cosmetic fillers.
- Documents the work performed on the work orders
- Seeks methods to cross train to develop technical skills and business knowledge
- Able to calculate mix rations in order to mix sealant, filler materials, and/or paint
- Assist aircraft technicians when necessary
- Ensure functional tests of all installed items is satisfactory
- Performs other duties as required
- At least 1-2 years auto body work or similar experience
- Age 18 or older
- Valid driver license
- High school diploma or GED
- Proven mechanical aptitude
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to climb and work from a ladder while using appropriate equipment.
- Ability to be on feet for the duration of shift.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to pass a respirator fit test and wear a respirator when required.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon passing pre-employment requirements, including but not limited to drug screen, reference check and functional physical.
To learn more about our organization, please see our website at www.specializedaero.com.
Specialized Aero LLC Company Overview
We are a small Texas business on the San Marcos Regional Airport conveniently located between San Antonio and Austin. We are in search of loyal, hardworking individuals looking for an opportunity to expand their knowledge and skills and who are excited to become part of our team! We are an FAA Repair Station with extensive in-house equipment and expertise providing us the ability to complete full-service maintenance and inspections onsite. This well-equipped facility ensures that parts and equipment entrusted to us, do not leave the expert hands of our technicians. This aids in ensuring we deliver high quality, efficient work for our customers. At the same, time giving us the ability to offer a multitude of additional services to our clients. Some of those include fabrication & repair, a variety of engineering and machining services, non-destructive testing and composite services and aircraft recovery and alterations. Complementing these is our incredible aircraft paint and interior refurbishment facility. Here you will find highly artistic and expertly skilled aviation paint and body technicians who are setting the industry standard. If you are looking for a job where you can stand out while enhancing your skills and expanding your knowledge and abilities in the aviation field, then we are the company for you! This is your chance to showcase your expertise and work ethic, while gaining exposure to skills and projects that would likely be out of reach with a larger company. If you bring a love for aviation and the desire to excel, along with a need for growing your skills and expertise and you have the ability to take initiative; you don't want to pass this up! This is an opportunity for you to get in with a small company! One that can lead to future advancement opportunities, as it places you in the position to become an integral part of establishing and growing with the company as it develops. Jump on this opportunity while the company is still small! Expand your marketability while earning income and exploring different aspects of aviation, moving you closer to discovering your true passion and likely up the ladder along the way.