Large Cabin Flight Attendant Oakland Bay Area CA Featured
- Hayward, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Large Cabin Flight Attendant Oakland Bay Area CA job at Solairus Aviation in Hayward CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Solairus Aviation is looking for a full-time Lead Flight Attendant to join a multi-jet operation based in the Oakland Bay Area. The ideal candidate is a leader and team player who is responsive with attention-to-detail excellent organizational skills and is an effective communicator willing to take on additional responsibilities to be a key contributor to the department’s success. The Lead Flight Attendant ensures all cabin operations are accomplished in accordance with industry best practices and has oversight responsibility for per diem flight attendants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Calmly direct and assist passengers in the event of an emergency.
- Provide a high level of service to the client while ensuring the safety and comfort of each aircraft passenger during flight.
- Explain use of safety equipment in addition to serving food and beverages.
- Verify that first aid kits and other emergency equipment including fire extinguishers and oxygen bottles are in working order.
- Administer basic first aid to passengers in distress. ie: CPR AED First Aid. Training on Tempus desired.
- Secure the cabin in accordance with federal regulations prior to take-off and landing.
- Reassure passengers when situations such as turbulence are encountered.
- Perform preflight briefings.
- Greet passengers and assist with their personal belongings.
- Assist passengers while entering or disembarking the aircraft. Determine special assistance needs of small children the elderly or disabled passengers.
- Check to ensure that food beverages blankets/bedding reading material emergency equipment and other supplies are on board and are in adequate supply for the trip and amount of passengers.
- Facilitate and manage passenger’s requests for food and drinks.
- Shop for any/all items the passengers have specially requested to be on board for their flight following procurement guidelines put forth by Client Aviation Manager.
- Plan and prepare food for passengers and crew.
- Inspect clean and stock the cabin galley lavatories and flight deck after every leg.
- Ensure the aircraft is ALWAYS prepared for a flight: clean and stocked.
- Complete pre-flight in-flight and post-flight paperwork.
- Conduct periodic trips through the cabin to ensure safety passenger comfort and maintain cabin cleanliness.
- Operate audio video and internet systems.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Client Aviation Manager (CAM).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations.
- First Aid Training Certification including CPR and Tempus.
- 5+ years of experience as a Corporate Flight Attendant; international experience strongly preferred.
- Flight attendant specific training from Flight Safety FACTs or similar is preferred. Annual recurrent training is required. Preference shown to candidates who have completed Flight Safety FACTs or similar training within the past 12 months.
- Adapts well to different Pilot-in-Command styles and experienced in Crew Resource Management.
- Must be technologically savvy.
- Flexibility and patience are a must.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- College degree preferred.
- Culinary skills.
- Able to manage a constantly changing schedule and late-night flights.
- Available to fly on short notice (4-hour response if on standby)
- Unrestricted ability to travel worldwide (consider health and visa status)
- Operation of all features of the Cabin Management Systems
- Operation of all galley equipment
- Operation of all cabin features to include berthing seats and configuring the divan into a bed.
- Be within a 2-hour drive of KSJC during rush hour traffic or be willing to relocate.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS THE LEAD FLIGHT ATTENDANT
- Monitors scheduling of the per diem flight attendants and ensures they are kept informed of Solairus and department policies procedures and guidelines.
- Assists the Client Aviation Manager in preparing annual catering aircraft supplies and training budget.
- Provides input to the department’s FOM Supplement regarding flight attendant policies and procedures.
- Maintains crew and passenger profiles with dietary preferences/restrictions allergies and other pertinent info that facilitates healthy efficient service to the passengers.
- Approves invoices for catering laundry and commissary restocking in a timely manner with great accuracy.
- Communicates effectively in speaking and writing; able to compose professional memos and emails including catering/bedding plans for all international trips.
- Oversees familiarization training and development of per diem flight attendants directly and makes effective staffing recommendations.
- Able to work effectively with Flight Coordinators Scheduler Office Manager Maintenance Team and all pilots.
- Responsible for organizing and stocking the Commissary and the galleys/cabins of the jets.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Possession of two passports and visas is desired.
Solairus Aviation Company Overview
Solairus Aviation is raising the bar in the aircraft charter and aviation asset management industries. Founded by an accomplished executive leadership team, Solairus is focused on delivering exceptional private jet charter flight services and outstanding asset optimization solutions that truly go above and beyond standard offerings. The company is comprised of a passionate group of flight and aircraft specialists who are focused on exceeding the expectations of our clients and redefining integrated private jet services. Solairus Aviation is a US-based aviation services company whose core business is assisting owners with the safe, reliable, and economical operation of their aircraft. We accomplish this by using systems, processes, and procedures developed and honed throughout thirty plus years in the industry. Our services are customized to meet your individual travel and financial requirements, and to support your flight operation with the highest standards of safety and personalized service, regardless of the location of the private jet.