UAS Program Manager Featured
- Dayton, Ohio
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
UAS Program Manager job at Sinclair Community College in Dayton OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
This position will execute the vision to operate a National UAS Training and Certification Center at Sinclair College in Dayton, OH by supporting operational activities, including UAS simulations and flight tasks. This position will aid Sinclair in aligning with the regional UAS needs as well as create a revenue stream/profit center for the College.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Provide input on budget issues to the Director when necessary, specifically related to operational impacts of budget decisions
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines, milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues, and devise contingency plan
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, UAS, or related field and 2 years of industry experience required. OR a Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Must possess a current Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate issued by the Federal Aviation Association (FAA) required
- Manned Pilot’s Certifications issued by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and an active FAA Second Class Medical certification preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing, packaging and delivering educational/training content required
- Ability to work comfortably with clients at all levels across a wide variety of domains from technical engineering and aerospace firms, Senior Executive Staff within the internal organization required
Sinclair Community College Company Overview
Sinclair Community Colleges in Dayton, OH is a comprehensive community college with an enrollment of over 20,000 students that offers career and transfer programs leading to an associate degree, certificate programs, and continuing education opportunities. At Sinclair, the mission is to turn dreams into achievable goals through accessible, high quality, affordable learning opportunities. This is done by focusing on four core strategies of community alignment, providing quality and innovating programming, remaining sustainable, and being accessible. As a proud member of the board of the League for Innovation in the Community College, Sinclair serves as a leader in catalyzing the community college movement and is on the move to be bigger and better. Sinclair remains the Southwest Ohio Region's primary choice for college education having awarded more degrees and certificates than any other Ohio Community College over the last 5 years (Source: Ohio Board of Regents).