Aircraft Maintenance Technician Hot
- Palo, Iowa
- Job ID
Aircraft Maintenance Technician job at Signature Flight Support Corporation in Palo IA
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Salary range based on experience.
- Medical insurance (4 plans to choose from).
- Dental and Vision insurance.
- Paid time off (vacation sick and holiday).
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
- Health Care Spending Account (HSA).
- Uniforms provided.
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance.
- Opportunity to participate in employer-paid training courses.
- Inspects repairs overhauls upgrades cleans paints aircraft and provides for the general and routine maintenance in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration regulations and aircraft manufacturers recommendations.
- Maintains detailed records concerning all work conducted inspections performed conditions found and safety compliance.
- Conducts periodic routine inspections for the purpose of ensuring continued safety and proper working condition of flight equipment.
- Prepares inventories and records aircraft parts and components in order to prevent corrosion failure and misuse
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints diagrams electricity charts and instructional manuals.
- Ensures proper use maintenance care and accounting of materials tools and equipment.
- Complies with company policy and procedures as contained in company manual
- Some travel may be required to repair aircraft at stations other than the maintenance base
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant licenses that are in good standing.
- Basic mechanic tools (larger and more expensive tools are provided).
- Valid unrestricted Drivers License.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Excellent communication skills.
- DOT/FAA pre-employment drug screen and a DOT/FAA compliant background check.
- Acute vision and hearing to detect problems and conduct inspections.
- Frequent walking stretching bending climbing and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform service operations in extreme temperatures and inclement weather.
- Manual dexterity to manipulate hand and power tools.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vets
Primary Location:United States-Iowa-Cedar Rapids-The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID
Job Category:Technician Avionics
Signature Flight Support Corporation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.