Aircraft Maintenance Technician
- Dulles, Virginia
- Job ID
Aircraft Maintenance Technician job at Signature Flight Support in Dulles VA
Description, duties, responsibilities
A Aircraft Maintenance Technician is responsible for inspection, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of aircraft systems, structures and engines.
- Perform scheduled, unscheduled or special inspections in compliance with regulatory authorities and industry standards.
- Troubleshoot and perform maintenance and repairs on aircraft, engines and a variety of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic components and accessories such as propellers, starters, generators, fuel pumps, hydraulic pumps, actuators, wheels, tires and brakes.
- Troubleshoot and perform structural repairs to airframes, including sheet metal work, riveting, patching and fiberglass/composite work.
- Perform system troubleshooting and operational and functional checks; service oil, fuel and hydraulic systems; provides nitrogen and oxygen servicing; inspect and repair pitot static systems and battery services.
- Make required work order entries for discrepancies and corrective actions.
- Remove and install aircraft components. Install optional or added equipment to aircraft.
- Perform aircraft engine run and taxi, as qualified, to test system performance. Participate in maintenance test flights for system performance, troubleshooting and alignment.
- Understand the operation of various airframe and power plant systems.
- Ensure the calibration of all shop test equipment is accurate by using shop calibration records and procedures and report discrepancies to management.
- Assist and train other technicians in repair of systems, structures and engines when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The following functions may be performed in variable weather and environmental conditions such as jet engine fumes, dust or jet engine noise. Must have ability to:
- Able to work 40hours a week
- Flexible schedule and regional travel is expected
- Regularly walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Frequently sit.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Read, write and fluently speak and understand the English language.
- Read and comprehend safety rules, instructions and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with customers and other employees.
- Perform simple math calculations and apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Wear uniform and insignia as prescribed by the Company.
- Report to work in a regular and timely manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus practical knowledge of basic airframe and engine repair.
- Previous experience with general aviation or corporate jet aircraft preferred.
- Must have A&P license.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must provide all tools necessary to perform essential job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
Signature Flight Support Company Overview
Be Part of a Global Network In our industry, we know that we have to get it right every time. Our employees provide the foundation for the entire customer experience and ensure that we remain at the apex of aircraft ground support providers. That's why Signature Flight Support is committed to employing a diverse group of aircraft handling professionals that are passionate and personally invested in developing the safest, most inclusive, and welcoming work environment. As our company continues to expand, we are determined to provide our employees and customers an environment that encompasses our core values of integrity, responsibility, safety, service, people, and performance. In remaining steadfast in our pledge to our principles, we continue to focus on crafting an atmosphere where our employees are encouraged to share ideas, embrace differences, and grow on both personal and professional levels. Empowering our staff and offering opportunities to prosper enables Signature Flight Support to be the global leader in flight support services.