Ground Service Equipment Mechanic
- Morristown, New Jersey
- Hourly $20.00
- Job ID
Ground Service Equipment Mechanic job at Signature Flight Support in Morristown NJ
Description, duties, responsibilities
Performs daily inspections, corrective and preventive maintenance on all ground support equipment.
• Inspect and maintain ground support equipment used in operations.
• Troubleshoot, repair and/or overhaul ground support equipment.
• Check and service ground support equipment with fuel, water, oil and hydraulic fluid.
• Diagnose problems using test equipment and applicable manuals.
• Completion of GSE paperwork as required.
• Others duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The following functions may be performed in variable weather and environmental conditions such as jet engine fumes, dust or jet engine noise. Must have ability to:
• Regularly required to stand and walk.
• Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
• Occasionally required to sit.
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
• Read, write and fluently speak and understand the English language.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Write routine business correspondence.
• Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, supervisor and employees.
• Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Report to work in a regular and timely basis.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Signature Flight Support Company Overview
Be Part of a Global Network In our industry, we know that we have to get it right every time. Our employees provide the foundation for the entire customer experience and ensure that we remain at the apex of aircraft ground support providers. That's why Signature Flight Support is committed to employing a diverse group of aircraft handling professionals that are passionate and personally invested in developing the safest, most inclusive, and welcoming work environment. As our company continues to expand, we are determined to provide our employees and customers an environment that encompasses our core values of integrity, responsibility, safety, service, people, and performance. In remaining steadfast in our pledge to our principles, we continue to focus on crafting an atmosphere where our employees are encouraged to share ideas, embrace differences, and grow on both personal and professional levels. Empowering our staff and offering opportunities to prosper enables Signature Flight Support to be the global leader in flight support services.