Air Traffic Control Specialist seasonal Position Gypsum Co Hot
- Gypsum, Colorado
- Job ID
Air Traffic Control Specialist seasonal Position Co job at Serco Inc in Gypsum CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
Position Description :
Serco has a great opportunity for you located in Gypsum CO! This is a seasonal position from 10/30/2023 - 4/01/2024
Serco is one of the largest non-government Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSP) in the world. We deliver air traffic control (ATC) services for small and medium regional airports as well as the largest commercial air hub on the globe. Serco is also the only commercial ANSP to provide all the three ATC disciplines: Terminal Tower Terminal Approach Control and Enroute Center. No wonder we are one of the largest non-government employers of Air Traffic Controllers in the world!
Air Traffic Control Specialists (ATCS) control air traffic on and within the vicinity of the airport according to established procedures and policies to prevent collisions and minimize delays arising from traffic congestion. They are responsible for the safe orderly and expeditious movement of air traffic through the nations airspace.
What we offer:
- In compliance with state and local laws regarding pay transparency the salary for this role $35.00/hour; however Serco considers several factors when extending an offer including but not limited to the role and associated responsibilities a candidates work experience education/training and key skills.
- Additional Housing Stipend provided.
$2500 sign on bonus.
As a member of the Air Traffic Control team you can expect to:
- Answer radio calls from arriving/departing aircraft
- Issue landing/takeoff instructions
- Issue information such as runway usage wind velocity/direction visibility taxiing instructions and pertinent data on other aircraft operating in vicinity
- Issue air traffic clearances
- Perform critical weather observations as a Limited Aviation Weather Reporting Station (LAWRS) observer and to disseminate timely weather information to pilots other air traffic control facilities and other users of the National Airspace System.
- Transfer and receive control of aircraft
- Operate equipment such as: radios telephones interphones computer systems radar recording systems weather equipment light guns airport/runway lighting systems backup equipment etc.
- Alert Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighters and other first responders to aircraft experiencing emergency situations
- Coordinate with and issue instructions to airport vehicles/personnel
- Maintain and disseminate records of daily operations
- Perform on-the-job training instructor duties as required
Requirements to join the team:
- US Citizenship
- An FAA Second Class Medical Certificate
- A Control Tower Operator (CTO) rating or a Credential with a Tower Rating and 6 months of practical experience in accordance with 14 CFR Part 65.39
- Eligibility to work for Serco under Federal Immigration Laws
- Verification of education and employment references from previous employers including the release of drug and alcohol records
- Passing a pre-employment drug screen
- Receiving an FAA Security clearance (interim and final suitability)
- Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
Here at Serco professional development is a top priority. We help our team develop their skills and grow in their careers. If you are an experienced Air Traffic Controller with a prior tower certification or credential who wants to be part of a professional customer service and safety-oriented organization please submit your application today!
Company Overview :
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group plc. In North America Sercos 9000+ employees strive to make an impact every day across 100+ sites in the areas of Defense Citizen Services and Transportation. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies the Intelligence Community the Canadian government state provincial and local governments and commercial clients. While your place may look a little different depending on your role we know you will find yours here. Wherever you work and whatever you do we invite you to discover your place in our world. Serco is a place you can count on and where you can make an impact because every contribution matters.
To review Serco benefits please visit: If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: ...@serco-na.com or call the HR Service Desk at 800-###-#### option 1. Please note due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco please email ...@serco-na.com.
Serco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Serco Inc Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.