Vice President Engineering Aircraft Interiors Composites Featured
- Spring, Texas
- Job ID
Vice President Engineering Aircraft Interiors Composites job at Safran Group in Spring TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Vice President Engineering is responsible for cradle to grave design and delivery of their respective Aircraft Cabin Interiors product line (i.e. Floor To Floor Lavatories Galleys Advanced Composites Engineered Materials etc.). The Vice President Engineering must be able to design creative attractive reliable market leading cutting edge products which are easily produced via a low cost assembly process.
Summary of Duties:
- Works closely with senior staff to establish short and long range program and operating goals and metrics.
- Participates in developing division strategic plan initiatives and budget process. Implements and monitors performance of product line (or BU) plans and initiatives.
- Coordinates with Sales Program Management Commercial Aircraft OEM customers and other stakeholders to evaluate customer specifications engineering and regulatory requirements and budgeting for new projects.
- Practice proactive performance management recommend and initiate promotions transfers and disciplinary action for a global multi-site engineering team
- Responsible for the creation of Technology Roadmaps for products materials and special processes and provides support and ensures all R&T and Innovation supports these road maps.
- Works with R&T peers and Division product Line Management to ensure Technology Road Maps are in alignment to Product Line Strategies and Market needs.
- Works with manufacturing and advises on operational needs for planned new processes or materials
- Drives innovation to ensure Division sales opportunities.
- Interact and interface with our external sales team and key customers to better understand our customers and market needs and demonstrate insight and innovation to deliver the best solution.
- Responsible for recruiting training fostering and developing world leading engineers and innovators.
This position will report directly to the Division EVP responsible for those products and have dotted line reporting to our Cabin EVP Engineering.
Vice President Engineering provides professional and technical guidance to ensure that effective engineering practices processes and procedures are developed implemented and adhered to across the division. Ensures the most effective use of the tools and facilities is achieved. Provides direction to management regarding all activities and policies related to the product lines design engineering and production efforts.
- Personal Responsibility - Maintain clear leadership philosophy and build consensus around organization values; make sound and timely decisions by taking calculated risk while assuming responsibility evoke trust by being appropriately open honest ethical and consistent; you seek to eliminate inefficiencies and engage others; and encourage organization prioritization follow-through and time management.
- Direction Setting - Create articulate and inspire a vision for change; keep organizational focus on customer through expectations involvement and feedback; recognize importance of teams and when to use them; and communicate expectations clearly while encouraging and recognizing accomplishments.
- Strategic Leadership - Analyze trends/benchmarking data develop alternatives and identify opportunities for leverage; set and keep focus on goals utilize resources effectively anticipate issues; articulate a vision and encourage innovation and problem-solving to support it; and display openness to new ideas change and learning.
- Organizational Management - Value and encourage professional and personal development through continuous learning; delegate and support decision making; translate strategic goals into actionable plans and remove obstacles; and maintain cross-functional relationships and gain cooperation and support.
Education: Bachelors degree in engineering discipline
Experience: 10 years in a specific product line (Galleys and Lavatories or Floor To Floor and Composites); 5 years formal leadership experience with proven track record of effective team-building and talent development within a design and build organization
- Proficient knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office (Word Excel PowerPoint)
- Aviation/Aerospace background and aircraft interior industry experience required
- Knowledge of industry standards such as RTCA DO160 RTCA DO-254 and MIL-STD-810
- In depth knowledge and experience in Research and Technology process
- Proven ability to effectively interface with global aircraft interior customers (i.e. Commercial Aircraft OEMs)
- Proven management skills including leadership of high-performing team employee development and effective change management.
- Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
- Ability to build effective working relationships persuade and influence and problem-solve complex issues.
- Strong communication time-management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent conceptual technical and financial skills
- Demonstrated experience as advanced user of productivity suites Internet MRP systems and related financial planning and purchasing software.
- Strong communication time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference fractions percentages ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems collect data establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work outside of core business hours and travel as required.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- Masters or MBA desirable
- Multi-site experience preferred
Specificity of the job
Up to 50%
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race color religion sex sexual preference gender identity pregnancy age national origin disability military or veteran status citizenship status genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal state and local laws. #LI-1KO1
Safran is an international high-technology group operating in the aviation (propulsion equipment and interiors) defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer more sustainable world where air transport is more environmentally friendly comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence with 79000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds alone or in partnership world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbess 2020 list of the Worlds Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Safran Group Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.