Senior Systems Engineer For Air Traffic Management Featured
- Syracuse, New York
- Job ID
Senior Systems Engineer For Air Traffic Management job at Saab Sensis Corporation in Syracuse NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Saab Sensis Corporation is currently searching for a Senior Systems Engineer in our Syracuse NY office to assist in requirements analysis data modeling anomaly investigation and solution recommendations for the Technical Refresh of the FAAs Surface Surveillance Systems. These systems include the Airport Surface Detection Equipment (ASDE-X) Airport Surface Surveillance Capabilities (ASSC) Multilateration Systems ADS-B and Hi-Definition cameras at air traffic control towers.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work on a cutting edge system that directly impacts the majority of flights in the U.S. As a Senior System Engineer on the team you will have the chance to work hands-on with a diverse group of internal and external team members spanning numerous disciplines and all experience levels.
Responsibilities and Learning Opportunities:
- Decomposing stakeholder needs into system level requirements performing functional analysis and allocating requirements to lower level system software elements
- Generating system/software requirements to assure implementation
- Developing system software algorithm designs based on analysis and modeling methodologies
- Developing system/software integration and test methods
- Conducting data modeling anomaly investigation and analysis
- Conducting and supporting system/software integration in laboratory and operational environments
- Conducting alternatives analysis and proposing solutions in support of stakeholder change requests
- Participating in technical reviews and status meetings
- Collaborating and communicating with internal and external stakeholders
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in engineering physics mathematics or applicable scientific field
- 8+ years of applicable professional experience preferably in the domain of air traffic control airline ramp control or airport surveillance
- Ability to develop system architectures and configurations that meet customer needs
- Ability to specify interfaces including physical characteristics electrical characteristics and communication protocols
- Ability to perform basic data analysis
- Ability to perform trade studies
- Experience with Microsoft office including Word Excel Visio and Power Point are required
- Experience with Microsoft Project is desirable
- Familiarity with integration and test techniques
- Experience with FAA or other US government customers is highly desirable
- Experience with MATLAB and 2D/3D CAD (Autodesk Fusion Solidworks etc) is desirable
- The ability and willingness to support all phases of programs from concept development through final acceptance is required. This will often include on-site support for surveys installation configuration integration optimization and acceptance testing.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include at a minimum a criminal record check education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air land and naval defense civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each persons needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race color religion national origin sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation gender identity age veteran disability status or any other federal state or locally protected category.
Saab Sensis Corporation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.