Workshop Department Team Leader
- Duiven, Netherlands Netherlands
- Annual Salary $42,930.00 - $49,800.00
- Job ID
Workshop Department Team Leader job at SK AeroSafety Group USA in Duiven Netherlands
Description, duties, responsibilities
Hugen MfA, a business unit of SK AeroSafety Group, is seeking an experienced aerospace industry professional for our role of WorkShop Department Team Leader at our Duiven, Netherlands aviation safety MRO.
The Department Team Leader will supervise and be accountable for the daily operations of the relevant workshop departments to provide excellent customer through best in class turnaround times.
This is a full time role (40 hours per week).
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1) Ensure that all work practices are carried out in accordance with the organisation’s maintenance organisation exposition (MOE) to ensure the required standards of Quality and Health and Safety are maintained. This includes: - Being responsible for Health and Safety within the area of responsibility, ensuring all H&S concerns are reported and ensuring Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn at all times. - Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the correct revision Component Maintenance Manual (CMM) and that the 601 Capability Check is complete before releasing a component back to service. - Ensure the correct tooling is used IAW the CMM and approved 601 and ensure all tooling is in good condition and within calibration - Ensure that any quality concerns affecting airworthiness or Health and Safety are reported to the Operations Manager /General Manager immediately.
2) Ensure all Work Orders on the Work In Progress (WIP) List are processed in a timely manner to maintain ‘Reliability’ and meet customer expectations and the company targets. This includes: - Daily planning of the Work In Progress (WIP) List, ensuring work is prioritized and allocated between the team to maintain productivity and meet target TATs. - Communicate proactively with the Operations Manager and Customer Service to ensure customer expectations are met. - Drive and Promote Target Achieving Culture in line with the Core Values
3) Manage, supervise and support the staff within the relevant departments to ensure a ‘Positive’ and productive working environment with a ‘One Team’ ethos. This includes: - Having regular, documented ‘One to One’ conversations with the technicians under your supervision to clearly communicate the expectations in accordance with the core values, personal targets and personal development. - Ensure all staff receives a H & S induction within the department and use the appropriate PPE that has been provided. - Ensure that work is only carried out after the appropriate level of training has been undertaken.
4) Work closely with the Operations Manager to continuously improve working practice ensuring ‘Growth’ of the business and its employees. This includes: - Collaboration with the other SK Aerosafety sites to ensure best practices are shared and to ensure the continuous improvement of the department. - Improve and maintain efficiency within the department. - Demonstrate commercial awareness to drive sustainable improvement within the company and maintain excellent customer service.
5) Lead by example and take ‘Pride’ in achieving company, department and personal targets. This includes: - Maintain housekeeping and organisation of the workshop at all times - Role model behaviour in accordance with the core values and keep the team accountable to these values. Requirements: Requirement Essential or Desirable Qualifications / Education / Training: • Engineering Qualification • Health and Safety trained • Certified Stamp Holder • LEAN/5S Training Desirable Essential Desirable Desirable Experience: • Experience of working in a similar role • Technical or engineering experience • People management or leadership experience • Experience of managing a project Desirable
Hugen Maintenance for Aircraft is an EASA and FAA authorised MRO repair station, specialised in maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) of aviation safety equipment. More specifically, we operate fully equipped repair shops for Fire extinguishers, Oxygen, Mask, and Emergency equipment. With over 35 years of experience, Hugen MfA has a strong position and reputation amongst our valued customers, mainly based in mainland Europe.
We are a part of SK AeroSafety Group, with locations in the U.S., U.K., Netherlands, Dubai, and Malaysia. Over the last three years the SK AeroSafety Group grew from three to eleven locations. Hugen MfA is also growing fast. We have strong ambition to continuously serve our customers better and as such to further expand our business.
Go to: http://www.hugenmfa.com.
Salary range is in Euro. We also offer an 8% yearly vacation pay and a bonus. We offer 30 days of leave annually.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
To learn more about this and other Hugen MfA employment opportunities, contact Mr. Jeroen Hofste at +31 85 2222 000.
SK AeroSafety Group USA Company Overview
SafeTech USA is an industry leader in the service, repair and certification of safety equipment for all types of aircraft. SafeTech, founded in 1984, is part of the SK AeroSafety Group and operates across the USA through a network of regional support centers located in Houston, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Ridgeland SC (near Savannah, GA), and Miami, FL. Over the years, SafeTech has developed strong relationships with original equipment manufacturers, as well as after-market parts and service establishments, in an effort to provide the most complete, accurate, cost effective and timely service available in the industry. We invite you to learn more at http://www.safetech-usa.com.