Aircraft Certification Engineer Hot
- Torrance, California
- Job ID
Aircraft Certification Engineer job at Robinson Helicopter Company in Torrance CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Position: Aircraft Certification Engineer
Status: Full Time Exempt On-Site
Reports To: VP Engineering
Pay Range: $105000 to $155000
Robinson Helicopters is a leading manufacturer of civil rotorcraft with a 50 year history of providing affordable helicopters for a wide range of applications. Robinson Helicopters is an engineering focused organization that provides challenging and exciting opportunities to contribute to the future of vertical flight.
The Aircraft Certification Engineer is a member of the engineering team who manages certification projects and leads our interface with aircraft certification authorities including FAA EASA and Transport Canada.
- Manages multiple varying complex certification projects for Part 27 rotorcraft to demonstrate that regulatory requirements safety standards policies and guidance for design production and airworthiness are satisfied.
- Leads interactions with aircraft certification authorities around the world including FAA EASA and TCCA.
- Participates in design activities to develop certification strategies determine regulatory requirements and make suggestions to enhance the certifiability of the new products to minimize future certification risks.
- Coordinates with discipline specific engineers and DERs to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Creates and reviews documentation in support of certification projects including Certification Plans Compliance Reports Position Papers Conformity Records Issue Papers Special Conditions Equivalent Levels of Safety and Exemptions.
- Conducts audits of certification records to verify compliance with processes and requirements
- Manages Continued Operational Safety activities including safety analysis and reporting development of Service Letters Service Bulletins and Airworthiness Directives (ADs).
- Participates in multi-disciplinary design reviews and assists with resolving cross-functional technical issues.
- Interfaces with suppliers to ensure certification requirements are achieved through supplier activities.
- Maintains certification and communication records.
- Communicates project status to management.
- Represents Robinson Helicopter Company on industry standards and regulatory committees.
- Develops and standardize processes and documentation for certification and provides recommendations to improve work processes.
- Bachelors degree in a related engineering field
- 5+ years direct experience certifying aircraft components or systems to 14 CFR Part 23/25/27/29 or equivalent Technical Standard Orders ARP 4761/4754A DO-178/254/160 and other aerospace standards.
- Experience developing writing and reviewing certification documentation.
- Must be a proven self-starter requiring minimal supervision with strong project management organization and risk management skills.
- Excellent academic record.
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Team-oriented possess a positive attitude and work well with others.
- Demonstrated passion for and involvement in aviation.
- A strong reputation with aircraft certification authorities.
- Experience with DO-178 software processes.
- Aircraft Design Systems Engineer or Project Management experience.
- Pilot certificate
Robinson Helicopter Company Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.