Senior Launch Operations Engineer Featured
- Cape Canaveral, Florida
- Job ID
Senior Launch Operations Engineer job at Relativity Space in Cape Canaveral FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Team and Role Overview
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space - starting with rockets. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace technology Relativitys platform vertically integrates intelligent robotics and 3D autonomous manufacturing technology to build the worlds first entirely 3D printed rocket.
Relativity is looking for a Sr. Launch Operations Engineer to join our growing team. This role will play an integral part in the build-out test and launch day operations at the launch site(s). As a member of the Launch Team you will have the opportunity to utilize your multi-disciplinary knowledge experience and creativity to develop solutions for launch operations. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of launch operations for the Terran launch program including test and launch day operations.
Your responsibilities will consist of (but not limited to):
- Collaboration with various departments and teams to develop test and launch day operations including procedures GUIs automation and roll-out to launch processes.
- Learn and become proficient in operations and limits of all ground systems.
- Coordinate with Range Safety FAA and other AHJs for launch day activities.
- Work as vehicle/pad controller during test/launch operations.
- Work with the Launch team to drive pad build to completion and activation.
- Participate in design reviews providing prior experience / knowledge.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering aerospace engineering physics computer science or other engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working at a rocket launch/test facility and supporting launch/test campaigns.
- Experience with Launch GSE.
- Experience testing and operating hazardous systems (high pressure gas systems high energy hazardous operations).
- Experience working with AFSPCMAN 91-710.
- Experience working with engineering standards (ASTM ASME NASA DoD NFPA API and SAE).
- Experience working with DOD USAF and NASA.
- Fluids analysis abilities.
- Ability to create and read P&IDs.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- High organizational skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to perform and manage technically complex projects using independent judgement and personal initiative.
- Recognize and act on opportunities; maintain flexibility to adjust as requirements shift and constraints change.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race religion color national origin gender sexual orientation age marital status veteran status or disability status.
Relativity Space Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.