Jac Air Traffic Manager Jackson Hole Wy Featured
- Jackson, Wyoming
- Job ID
Jac Air Traffic Manager Hole Wy job at Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo in Jackson WY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Serco Inc. ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency contact Serco HR Service Desk at 866-###-#### or 703-###-####. You may also e-mail us at ...@serco-na.com .
JAC - Air Traffic Manager - Jackson Hole WY
Recruiting Location : Location US-WY-Jackson
Position Type Full-Time
Security Clearance None
Telework No - Teleworking not available for this position
Are you an air traffic controller or manager looking for a management position and a challenging and exciting career? Serco has a great opportunity for you located in Jackson Hole WY! Serco Inc. along with our parent company Serco Group is the largest non-government provider of Air Traffic Control (ATC) services in the world. It is our goal to promote the development of aviation and provide safe efficient and courteous service to our customers and users of our services. Bring your air traffic skills and join the best team.
Serco Inc. is a federal government contractor that provides air traffic control services at Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Contract Towers (FCTs) Non-Federal Contract Towers (NFCT) Remote Air Traffic Control Towers and Ramp Control Services in 11 western states.
Air Traffic Managers must be familiar with standard Air Traffic Control (ATC) concepts practices and procedures. A manager must rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Managers lead and direct the work of others to accomplish the daily operation of the facility. Duties include:
- Reporting to the Area Manager.
- Overseeing and directing training for controllers.
- Ensuring that all reporting requirements are met.
- Ensuring all facility directives and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are followed.
- Acting as a liaison with airport management and FAA at local levels.
Air Traffic Managers must also function as Air Traffic Control Specialists (ATCS) by controlling air traffic on and within the vicinity of the airport according to established procedures and policies to prevent collisions and minimize delays arising from traffic congestion. ATCS s are responsible for the safe orderly and expeditious movement of air traffic through the nations airspace. ATCS duties include:
- Answering radio calls from arriving and departing aircraft.
- Issuing landing/takeoff instructions.
- Issuing information such as runway to use wind velocity and direction visibility taxiing instructions and pertinent data on other aircraft operating in vicinity.
- Issuing air traffic clearances.
- Providing advice based on their own observations and information from the National Weather Service IFR control facilities flight service stations pilots and other sources.
- Taking and disseminating weather observations at Limited Aviation Weather Reporting Station (LAWRS) or Supplemental Aviation Weather Reporting Station (SAWRS) facilities.
- Transferring control of aircraft to receiving facilities when aircraft leave their airspace and receiving control of aircraft coming into their airspace.
- Operating various types of equipment such as: radios telephones interphones computer systems radar recording systems weather equipment light guns airport/runway lighting systems and backup equipment.
- Alerting airport emergency crews and other designated personnel when aircraft are having flight difficulties.
- Coordinating with and issuing instructions to airport vehicles and personnel.
- Maintaining and disseminating records of daily operations.
- Other duties as assigned
The rate of pay for this position is $ 33.84 per hour.
Additional housing stipend available.
- Be available for work within 60 days.
- Have a current FAA Class II Medical Certificate (FAA Form 8500-9).
- Have (1) a copy of their last FAA Airman Certificate with a Control Tower Operator (CTO) Rating and in accordance with FAR 65.39 applicant must have satisfactorily served as an air traffic control tower operator with a facility rating for at least 6 months... or have (2) a copy of their last FAA Airman Certificate with a Credential as an Air Traffic Control Specialist and have held a Tower Rating for at least 6 months.
- Be eligible to work for Serco under the Federal Immigration Laws
- Verify education and employment references from previous employer(s) including release of drug and alcohol records.
- Receive a negative result on a pre-employment drug screen.
- Be able to receive an interim security suitability clearance granted by FAA Security derived from a public trust background check.
- Establish proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
If you are interested in being part of a team that promotes the development of aviation and provides safe efficient and courteous service to our customers and users of our services and you meet the requirements listed above then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career!
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies the Intelligence Community the Canadian government state and local governments and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon Virginia Serco Americas has over 9000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: ...@serco-na.com or call the HR Service Desk at 800-###-#### option 1. Please note due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco please email ...@serco-na.com .
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.