Nondestructive Testing Technician V 2nd Shift Featured
- Wilson, North Carolina
- Job ID
Nondestructive Testing Technician V 2nd Shift job at Raytheon Technologies in Wilson NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
Job ID 01405104 Date posted 11/17/2020 City Wilson State North Carolina Country United States
United States of America
HSK02: Kidde Aerospace 4200 Airport DriveNW Wilson NC 27896 USA
The Nondestructive Testing Technician V performs nondestructive testing on various types of metals using dye penetrant and radiographic techniques and equipment.
- Set up and operate radiographic ultrasonic and liquid penetrant equipment.
- Direct and carry out tests in the method certified.
- Set up and calibrate equipment. Read and interpret indications. Evaluate with reference to applicable standards specifications and contracting agency documents.
- Thorough familiarity with the scope and limitations of the method. Apply detailed techniques to products or parts.
- Know practical theory. Use manuals and source books for assistance in utilizing techniques.
- Be aware of the need for and the limitations of reference standards.
- Be familiar with the type and location of expected defects for the manufacturing process.
- Administer the NDE operations for which qualified and to which assigned and shall interpret and evaluate results in terms of existing codes standards and specifications.
- Complete associated NDE documentation for submission to regulatory agencies as governed by company and contract requirements.
- Develop X-ray film.
- Maintain adjust and make minor repairs to NDE equipment as required.
- Conduct radiation surveys.
- Maintain materials equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Train and guide Level I and trainee personnel as assigned when designated by a Level III certified in the applicable method(s).
- Must be able to pass subject exams during the course of employment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position.
- Must be able to train on 1st Shift for 6+ months and move to 2nd Shift hours once trained
- Proficient in blueprint reading and interpretation of technical data and quality procedures.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills in word processing spreadsheets and databases.
- A minimum of 32 hours classroom training for Penetrant and 80 hours for Radiography.
- Objective evidence or letters of verification of previous NDT work experience and levels of responsibility.
- 8-10 years of experience in related NDT methods preferred
- SAP a plus
Collins Aerospace a Raytheon Technologies company is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace were dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - were driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys reunite families protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines Power and Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce workplace and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical dental and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance Home and Auto additional life insurance accident insurance critical illness insurance group legal
- Ovia Health fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such all U.S. positions require a background check which may include a drug screen.
- This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAAs regulation 14 CFR part 120 as well as 49 CFR part 40.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team thats redefining aerospace every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability or veteran status age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.