Non Destructive Testing Engineer Ii Or Senior Multi Level Featured
- Vail, Arizona
- Job ID
Non Destructive Testing Engineer Ii Or Senior Multi Level job at RTX in Vail AZ
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Raytheon Missiles and Defense by combining our vast resources and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges together we can anticipate more move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
The Materials and Process Engineering (M&PE) department is seeking a General Engineer to work in the Non-Destructive Testing Group at our Tucson AZ facility. M&PE s charter is to leverage material and process expertise throughout Raytheon Missiles and Defense and Raytheon Technologies. We are committed to excellence supporting our customers and allies worldwide.
There s no such thing as a perfect candidate so don t hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds and so do our employees. If you re passionate about what you could accomplish here we d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Position requires you to possess a thorough background and knowledge of RT (DDA CR and Film) MT PT UT (A-Scan and C-Scan) and NAS 410 as it pertains to the aerospace industry.
- You will be expected to perform various non-destructive testing tasks to support production operations developmental design and failure analysis as well as auditing suppliers for compliance.
- Some of the tasks will include the onsite operation of inspection systems and offsite auditing of suppliers for compliance.
- Collaboration with engineers is required to develop unique test plans proper sequencing and valid inspection setups.
- You must be able to manage a wide variety of tasks within schedule and budget requirements.
- Analysis and interpretation of results will be communicated with engineering customers and documented on engineering reports.
- You will become part of a multi-disciplined team that is responsible for solving a wide range of technical problems.
- Travel up to 50%
This position can be a P2 General Engineer II or a P3 Sr. General Engineer I based on the candidates qualifications as they relate to the skills experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for 2 additional years of experience.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor s degree or additional 2 years Non-Destructive Testing experience may be substituted for each 1 year of college
- For NDT General Engineer II two (2) years of experience in the Non-Destructive Testing profession and/or Industry
- For NDT Sr. General Engineer I Five (5) years of experience in the Non-Destructive Testing profession and/or Industry
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- 8 years of experience certified to NAS 410 Level 2 or 3 in the performance of Non-Destructive Inspection.
- Current DoD Secret Clearance
- Strong background in Non-Destructive Inspection of Aerospace products to include but not limited to: Composites Castings Welds Braze Joints etc.
- Experience in developing and or performing Computed Tomography inspections
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- NAS 410 Level 2 or 3 Certification (or equivalent) in multiple methods to include: Radiography Ultrasonic Magnetic Particle and Fluorescent Penetrant Methods
- Demonstrated experience using X-Ray methods to include film and either DDA or CR
- X-Ray Film Interpretation experience
- Demonstrated experience in Ultrasonic Methods to include A-Scan and C-Scan techniques
- Demonstrate ability to perform audits identify findings and provide solutions to suppliers and engineering team members.
What We Offer:
Whether you re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare wellness retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave flexible work schedules achievement awards educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO) an agency of the Department of Defense handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: 187033
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion creed sex sexual orientation gender orientation gender identity national origin disability or protected Veteran status.
RTX Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.