Data Scientist Featured
- Wayne, New York
- Job ID
Data Scientist job at RTX in Wayne NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
United States of America
UTNB1: Corp - Brooklyn NY 55 Water St Brooklyn NY 11201 USA
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses Collins Aerospace Systems Pratt and Whitney Raytheon Intelligence and Space and Raytheon Missiles and Defense. Its 195000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics electric propulsion directed energy hypersonics avionics and cybersecurity. The company formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses is headquartered in Waltham Massachusetts
We are seeking highly motivated data scientists to join the Digital Accelerator team in either Brooklyn NY or Atlanta GA. We are looking for people who have a passion for analyzing and uncovering digital insights from large complex streams of data derived from the worlds most advanced aerospace aviation and building management systems.
As a member of the team you will work on the research development and implementation of complex machine learning systems to predict rare events and faults in aerospace and building system components.
This position will provide the unique opportunity to operate in a start-up-like environment within a Fortune 50 company. Our digital focus is geared towards releasing the insights inherent UTCs best-in-class products and services. Together we aim to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth for our customers.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Develop models and algorithms that will improve how we design manufacture monitor and maintain industrial assets such as jet engines and other aviation systems.
- Conduct exploratory data analysis
- Participate in early stage R&D work to further advance the ML platform
- Collaborate with software development to implement and deploy newly developed technologies and algorithms
- Work with business units and lead data scientists to implement real-world critical use cases on the platform
- Build scripts to automate clean transform cross-reference and merge large sources of data utilizing Python
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of ownership in delivering for our customer and businesses
- 5+ years related experience
- Deep knowledge of machine learning statistics optimization or related field
- Experience with R Python Perl Matlab
- Experience with industrial/commercial applications of data science including prognostic and health management supply chain optimization and human capital management is a significant plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to well work in cross functional teams
- Work experience in programming data science machine learning
- Motivated self-starter with a strong enthusiasm to learn
- Results-oriented with strong communication and customer focus
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems
- Masters or PhD in engineering computer science statistics or operations research or related technical discipline
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability or veteran status age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion creed sex sexual orientation gender orientation gender identity national origin disability or protected Veteran status.
RTX Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.