Rocket Propulsion Expert Featured
- Vail, Arizona
- Job ID
Rocket Propulsion Expert job at RTX in Vail AZ
At Raytheon Missiles and Defense by combining our vast resources and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges together we can anticipate more move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Mechanical Products Team is hiring a Principal Propulsion Engineer. This position is in the Energetics and Propulsion Department which is responsible for the full spectrum of warhead / rocket motor / DACS design and performance fuzing ignition power sources one-shot energetic initiation and all other weapon systems safety device technology. This position is located in Tucson AZ.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
Apply or develop highly advanced technical technologies scientific principles theories and concepts to the systems integration of propulsion thrusters controllers software mechanical and electrical interfaces for integration into missile systems and space vehicles.
Position will involve both development and production programs across Raytheon Missiles and Defense Product Lines.
Review manufacturing processes and problem resolution as well as working directly with subcontractors on the design and manufacturing of propulsion systems especially solid rocket motors.
Work in a collaborative environment with program management in long-range program planning concerning new or projected areas of technological research and advancements and be a key spokesperson on program s technical capabilities and future directions.
Manage propulsion system development projects and propulsion subcontracts; review and disposition subcontract data and change requests; and oversee supplier operations.
Develop and deliver technical presentations to management and government agencies. Frequently interface with the Customer to identify user needs.
Be instrumental in obtaining new company business and act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational missile programs.
Will travel extensively to government and subcontractor facilities.
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for three (3) additional years of experience.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor s in Science Technology Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
- Eight (8) years of experience in propulsion technology and its application to solid or liquid and/or mono propellant systems
- Experience in the development of solid or liquid and/or mono propellant propulsion systems from conceptual design through final test / assembly
- Bachelor of Science in any of the following: General Engineering Aerospace Mechanical Electrical Systems Engineering Applied Physics or related field.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Ten (10) or more years of directly related experience in propulsive technology and its application to solid or liquid and/or mono propellant propulsion systems
- Systems knowledge to assure full development of propulsion requirements and dissemination and flow down to subcomponent levels
- Project engineering skills and experience using Earned Value Management System knowledge of ProENGINEER modeling tool and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance
- Demonstrated success as a proposal/cost account manager as well as project/team leader
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead collaborative efforts with other technical disciplines including structural thermal aerodynamics and low observables
- Advanced degree in aforementioned disciplines. ABET is the preferred although not required accreditation standard
Whether you re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare wellness retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave flexible work schedules achievement awards educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson AZ. Tucson has a friendly caring and laid-back atmosphere combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti Tucson is blessed with some of nature s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies and with more than 310 sunny days per year Tucson s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion creed sex sexual orientation gender orientation gender identity national origin disability or protected Veteran status.
RTX Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.