Bus Flight Software Systems Engineer Featured
- Wilmington, North Carolina
- Job ID
Bus Flight Software Systems Engineer job at RTX in Wilmington NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Systems Engineering Center (SEC) is seeking a BusFlight SoftwareSystems Engineer for the Space Systems (SS) Mission Area. The BusFlight Software Systems Engineer will be involved in developing the central software for a high-powered Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite mission for which Raytheon is the prime contractor. The satellite bus (and the central flight software) will be developed and delivered by an industrial partner so this position will focus more on the systems engineering and management functions and less on detailed software development. The successful candidate should also expect to be immersed in a fast-paced and team-based environment where an individual with talent and initiative stand-out and thrive.
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus up to $15000
- Lead the Bus Flight Software systems engineering at a Space Vehicle-level working with the bus supplier to establish the architecture and meet all interfaces and mission requirements. This includes developing and maintaining mission CONOPs requirements computational budget Fault Detection and Recovery strategy interfaces to telemetry and command.
- Supervise the bus supplier in the detailed design verification and operation of the flight software (travel to the bus supplier site will be required). Ensure the bus supplier and their subcontractors deliver flight software that meets mission requirements and customer expectations.
- Perform SV-level trade studies of the flight software in conjunction with the bus supplier.
- Perform requirements decomposition and flow-down from top-level customer documents through subsystem-level definition.
- Develop and own the flight software technical specifications statements of work and interface control documents between the bus supplier and the rest of the Space Vehicle.
- Perform administrative systems engineering functions including requirements management in DOORs mapping of CDRLs and SDRLs and Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) in Cameo.
- Evaluate technical cost and schedule deliverables from the bus supplier.
- Prepare and present design reviews for internal and external participants.
- Collaborate closely with SV-level systems engineering to ensure flight software compliance with mission needs and constraints.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- 8+ years prior relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in space systems engineering
- Minimum 2 years of experience in flight software engineering
- Experience working in an Agile/scrum based software project management environment
- Experience developing and testing Fault Detection Isolation and Recovery systems (FDIR)
- Proven ability to supervise a supplier with an independent software development teams
- Experience in space software testing and validation standards and strategies
- Experience in preparing and delivering briefings to management and customers
- Capable of effectively leading in a team environment often under tight deadlines
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Ability to obtain SAP/SAR access
- M.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Agile certification such as PMI-ACP or AgilePM
- Experience developing in C/C++
- Experience designing flight software systems for large-scale satellite constellations
- Experience developing and implementing SysML models using Rhapsody or Cameo
- Experience working with government customers and requirements
- Excellent oral presentation skills and comfort with customer interaction.
BS in Engineering Sciences Math or related STEM discipline
MS in Engineering Sciences Math or related STEM discipline
U.S. Citizenship Status is requires as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
In compliance with Colorado s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act the salary range for this role is $98700.00 to $187500.00; however Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer including but not limited to the role and associated responsibilities a candidate s work experience education/training and key skills.
Benefits offered: medical dental vision life insurance short-term disability long-term disability 401(k) match flexible spending accounts EAP education assistance parental leave paid time off and holidays.182060
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion creed sex sexual orientation gender orientation gender identity national origin disability or protected Veteran status.
RTX Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.